kholer vs toto

chand

kholer vs toto

Post by chand »

Hello,
I looked kholer brand basic wall hung com modes in range of 7k patio design + 5 k for kholer conceled tank.
Kholer showroom guys are saying u need to use the same combination u cannot go to gebreit .

Toto basic wall hung cw 580 + gebrit alpha 10 tank, + grohe hand faucet + grohe inlet price 15.3k @ banaswadi showroom . Here in both of these there is no wall frame for tank.

Toto wall hung cw 622( elongated design) + gerbit tank 11k

Do you guys suggest toto or kholer any personal experience

-chand
mohan_hu

Re: kholer vs toto

Post by mohan_hu »

Go for Hindware and Jaquar you have lot of options...:-)
SIVAVENKAT

Post by SIVAVENKAT »

Hi Chand,

if you go without stand for the tank, you need to rely on the plumber, mason and supervisor for getting a decent finish and right level of height. Tank with stand always cost more..

I did 9 bathrooms with TOTO CW620 TJ2 + geberit Kombifix element Basic tank with stand + twinline buttons + Jaguar faucet, it was around 15 K average. but got into lot of issues

1. Matching TOTO washbasins costs a lot.
2. for basic model, flush plates choice/availability an issue.
3. Ran between mulitple showrooms
5. spent lot of time personally to get the good finish.

Thanks
Siva Venkatesan
venkatm

Post by venkatm »

I saw this deal for American Standard

You can check it out

http://www.americanstandard.in/offer2/index.html
chand

Post by chand »

hi Siva,

I'm lured by the price 11k I'm getting the gerbeit tank(no frame) + flush plate + cw 620
My plumber said its seat is very small and wont be comfortable sir.. go for hindware or parryware

But somehow my mind has pre-concived that TOTO is good brand whats your experience with flusing mechanism.
Did you check any other models before deciding.

thanks,
-chand
SIVAVENKAT

Post by SIVAVENKAT »

Hi Chand,

Flushing mechnisam is not all the great. You have to keep pressing the button to flush and discharge all the six liter of water. I think it should be good at other higher end models, one touch kind..

If you go without the stand for the tank, I see two more issues. you have to buy the bolts separately at very high cost and not sure of the quality. Other thing is bolt with stand can with withstand people with extra weight(my opinion and not really analysed this one)

You have to be careful on the closet seat also. Soft closing ones with matching color will not available and the price you have to factor in before you decide on the brands/model. Also the most important things is you have check how smooth the surface of the closets. most of the time you donot get what you see at the showroom.

Thanks
Siva
chand

Post by chand »

Oh no.. i bought 3 piece yesterday .. nice lesson learnt for me .. "you pay more cry once, pay less cry whole life"
I should have bought the hindware at least..

-chand
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Hello Chand

Can you PM me or post from where you purchased the sanitary fitting and toilet pots, is it TOTO? if yes please share the cost you paid and model

Regards
Raghu
chand

Post by chand »

i used the basic toto 622, the above posts from siva says they are not good. I have not yet installed. I paid 12k for toto 622+ gebrit alpha line + flush plate. from maruthi cermaics , Banaswadi. I recommend not to buy. Unless you are bent on basic toto.

Check the hudia brand @ MP cermaics, BSK 3rd stage thats nano cleaning tech and finishes are too good. I got couple of them for 9.3K without tanks and flush plates.

-chand
girishd

Post by girishd »

@Siva, Chand, - please answer my query if you are still around:

I am getting a quote of 17.2k for Toto cw620+ Geberit Kombifix Alpha + Flush plate.

The prices mentioned here for last year seem to be in the 11k rage for the same. Can you confirm if this was the price after tax or before tax?

Return to “Civil Construction”