Borewell or Not

rkrishna

Re: Borewell or Not

Post by rkrishna »

For us, we decided to go with the borewell. Dug up up to 1060 feet in summer and ended up finding no water. We gave up hope assuming it is a dead borewell. After the rains now, there is water up to 80 feet. The contractor is recommending to install a temporary motor to check if the water source is temporary or permanent. Any one had similiar experience in the past? Where can one rent a temporary pump and how do we check if there is sufficient enough yield to install a pump permanently?
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

I need some recommendation from the experts in this group:
I have been recommended to use a camera to find out the water source in the borewell in detail rather than checking with a temporary motor as it would be more conclusive at this depth.

Does anyone have experience with:
1. Installing a temporary motor to drain out water to check whether the source is permanent or temporary
2. Using a camera to analyze the bore water source

How much will each cost? Which is more conclusive? Any recommendations for agencies that can get this done?
basha_skj

Post by basha_skj »

Hi,
Today i have got a quatation for borewell drilling. price list as follows.
first 250 ft ...... rs. 68 and rs.10 increment for every 100ft.
6 1/2'' M.S Casing heavy pipe rate per foot...... rs.365
10'' P.V.C Pipe rate per foot ............................... rs.325
Water injection charges per feet....................... rs. 10
Vehicle setting and flushing charges................ rs 1500

Please some body can commment on these price. Please note that, this price is fixed after bargaing. Water injection is mandatory or not? What is the use of 10'' p.v.c pipe?

Tommarrow I am going to pay advance for booking. i am plannining to go or drilling on coming saturday.
thanks...
basha

rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

Here was the final price I paid to Vinayaka on 30th April
1 to 300 = 73
301 to 400 = 83
401 to 500 = 93
501 to 600 = 108
601 to 700 = 128
701 to 800 = 158
801 to 900 = 188
901 to 1000 = 218
1001 to 1060 = 268

MS casing = 60 feet X 340
Collar weld cap = 11 X 150
labor/transport = 1000

Total around 160 K

I was happy with their professionalism and service, though we ran into some trouble with their new vehicle on day 1 and had to wait for 24 hours to get the company folks to fix the adjustment.

Your quotes seem cheaper; not sure if it has come down recently.

Ram
basha_skj

Post by basha_skj »

Hi rkrishna,
Thanks. But what about 10'' P.v.c pipe and water injection charges. Is these two things are mandatory or optipnal?
rkrishna

Post by rkrishna »

I did not have to use PVC pipe as the soil was hard. (they will put PVC pipe for lose soil and MS casing till rock).
I did not opt for water injection as my site does not have neighbouring buildings.

Charges above seem reasonable - just make sure to talk to anyone who has dug a borewell with this company for their experience on any hidden charges etc.
basha_skj

Post by basha_skj »

Hi,
thank you for your guidelines. I will come back after drilling the borewell.
basha_skj

Post by basha_skj »

Dear Members,

Here is my bore well drilling story,which I gave got it done on last Saturday near HBR 5th block. As I told in my previous message,finally I have gone with vinayaka bore wells based on some of our forum members feed back. Bore well owner Mr.Dinesh is very amicable person, Friday evening he had sent his manager and driller to visit the site, they said, they will come by 5a.m on next day for drilling. For water point identification I have selected a geologist Mr. Nagaraj, who was refered by vinayaka bore wells. He had identified 2 points based on Electro magnetic deflection test. He had asked me to go for an additional 100feet more after getting sufficient water source point. He had charged Rs.1200.

Saturday morning by 5.30 a.m drilling machine has come to the site.They have put 10" p.v.c casing upto 30feet depth and 6.5" M.S.casing up to 68 feet depth. I have got first yield at around 430 feet, second point at around 530feet and again at 600' i have got one yield. Totally they said yield is just less than 2", which is much more than sufficient for domestic purpose. Finally I have asked them go upto 700feet as per the geologist advice.
Here is the price list Which I have paid to vinayaka bore wells,

Upto 250 feet ---------------- Rs.68 (initially quoted 72, reduced by Rs.4 for all the slabs after bargaining)
250 to 350 feet -------------- Rs.78
350 to 450 feet -------------- Rs.88
450 to 550 feet -------------- Rs.98
550 to 650 feet -------------- Rs.118
650 to 750 feet -------------- Rs.138
6.5" dia M.S.casing pipe -----Rs.330/feet (Cal tube company)
10" P.V.C casing ------Rs.310/feet
Heavy collor Each -------------- Rs.150
Welding per Joint -------------- Rs. 150
Meals Charges ------------------ Rs. 500
Transportation Charges-------- Rs. 500
MS cap --------------------------- Rs.100
Borewell Flushing Charges------ Rs.2000
Totally it cost me Rs.101054, finally I have paid a round figure 1 lakh + 2000 as a tips to workers & driver
Point to be noted by the members who wants to go for bore well drilling are,
1. The length of each drilling rod is 18.5 feet not 20 feet, If you don't ask they will charge you as 20 feet
2. The drill bit of 5feet should not be included for depth of drilling charges, this should be insisted by customer
Now I am planning for pump in a week's time
I hope this information may be useful for those who wants to go for bore well shortly.
I once again thanks all the forum members, who have shared their valuable experience.
With regards,
Basha.
Alpha001

Post by Alpha001 »

Hi,

I am about to drill borewell on a 30x40 site in banashankari 3rd stage. The geologist who visited the site said that i should get water around 530-550 feet and if the water yield is not enough should continue till 650 ft. The road in front of the site is narrow, probably 8-10 feet. I contacted both kannan borewells and Vinayaka borewells but they are saying bigger vehicle cannot reach the site and that they dont have smaller vehicles. The smaller vehicles have a limitation that they can go only till 500 feet maximum. If the borewell option doesnt work i have to rely on water tankers during construction. Any useful suggestions from you guys will be really helpful to me. If any of you have contacts of borewell operators who use smaller vehicles, pl. share such contacts.
alluvignesh

Post by alluvignesh »

Sachhi - Thanks for sharing your borewell experienc. Could you please share contact details of Vinayaka borewells? I have also sentsent you a PM. Thanks!

Return to “Civil Construction”