Labour contract cost per sft now?

raja27

Labour contract cost per sft now?

Post by raja27 »

All,
I would like to start construction soon. Please let me know how much is going labour contract cost per sft. Thank you.
Kiran Kumar K

Re: Labour contract cost per sft now?

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

hi raja27 it may be around 26k to 28k per sft.

thanks & regards,
bboy

Post by bboy »

Kiran Kumar K wrote:hi raja27 it may be around 26k to 28k per sft.

thanks & regards,

Wow! 26000 to 28000 per sft?
sun

Post by sun »

One of the labor contractors quoted 25K per 100 sft. ...I didnt go that route as dont have time to get them materials by myself...I think that's what even Kiran Kumar meant in his last post, rate for 100 sft (1 Chadara).
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

There are few factors to be considered - while finalizing labour contractor quote.

- Contractors skill level , reliability , previous work done
- what are all the inclusions/exclusions wrt to civil work - you have to be very careful on this factor , they say earth-work extra,sump extra , compound extra, chejja extra.... the list is on
- redbrick construction will cost about 1K extra for a chadara

-If these conditions match - 26K or 27K is reasonable.

PS: dont worry too much on per chedra cost , focus on first two points - if you pay 2K more per chedar also that will not hurt you much.
raja27

Post by raja27 »

Thank you all for the quick response/suggestions.
Did anyone constructing house near KR puram (with labour contracts), pls share price & contact details of your contractor. Thank you.
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Check your PM for Phone number of Labour contract. He is based in Banaswadi kasturinagar.
vmuralictr

Post by vmuralictr »

Normally local contractors wont worry about the Quality and finishing . Being a civil engineer i am in industry from last 16 years . I have seen the few buildings done by small contractors. Since clients wont have the idea about the Quality and other technical knowledge , it is very easy to convince them . I am working as a consultant for few buildings. At the same time labours working in professional companies wont try to do the same thing. So try to be careful while choosing the contractors

Regards

Murali
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

I enquired today and the labor contract rates around ecity is around 24K including centring and its still cheaper ie 22K the farther u go towards hosur.I beleive 26 or 27K is too much and its always better to use local masons who will charge less then asking someone who comes from far and quotes a higher price.
chetand

Post by chetand »

I am aware of few mason contractor in range of 21-22 k Including everything

Return to “Civil Construction”