Dear Setty ,

which Area your house is located?

Regards
Murali
gsNagesh

Re: My Dream House Construction Experience

Post by gsNagesh »

Dear Setty sir,

IMHO the sump tank should not have sharp corners, it need to be curved surface in order
to withstand the water pressure.... comments from forum members on this..

- Nagesh
KVS Setty

Post by KVS Setty »

Yes nagesh you are right ,I have read about this in this forum.
i told this to mastery about this,he says when we are putting tiles , we can not have curved (rounded) corners it seems, is he right ?

I would like to ask the experienced members can we have rounded corners with the tiles finish.?

one of the laborer in the group told it is possible ,but it needs some extra labour time more cement work . that may be the reason the mastery is avoiding it.But i will talk to JE and see that it is done if possible.
mean time i would like to know how other people in the forum ,who done tile finish have done it, please help.

@murali, we are constructing house in Bangalore south, to be specific the area is called Hanumanthanagar and nearest land mark is Ramanjaneya gudda.
gsNagesh

Post by gsNagesh »

Dear Setty sir,

Its possible to tile the rounded corners...you need to use small sized tiles to cover the curved surface.

Another way is to have the curves with a larger radius so that relatively bigger tiles can be fixed...

- Nagesh.
Last edited by gsNagesh on December 20th, 2013, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVS Setty

Post by KVS Setty »

Hello to All,

Back after a short break,

Guys, as you all know my house,which is under construction is with full material contract.it is getting ready for first roofing and the location is suitable for both RMC and on site mix and contractor has given a choice.

My question is under this situation, if we have a choice to choose between RMC and on site mixing of concrete which one would you choose and why ?
Little bit feedback is helpful to me to make a right choice . I have read few posts on this topic and after that, i am more towards on site mixing but still not able able to take firm decision on this as some times going for reputed brand like ACC,Ultertech etc., cement only RMC is also a good choice ,i feel.

So little bit confused here ,so any suggestions here are most welcome and thankful.
KVS Setty
sreekbda

Post by sreekbda »

On Site mixing is always better. But pay attention to gangmen mixing concrete. No matter what you do they mix as they please.

I see that your construction is going at rocket speed... all the best!
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Thanks for sharing your experience and best wishes for your effort.

Please keep up the thread alive!!

Regards,
Venky
KVS Setty

Post by KVS Setty »

@ venky ,so nice of you ,your words gives lot of enthusiasm to share experience of constructing my house.

@sreekbda Thanks lot for your suggestion and i am also inclined to on site mixing concrete,but unfortunately due to sand lorry owners strike my roofing work is getting delayed
all the per-requisites is done except electrical, which will be done tomorrow and just waiting for concreting. we don't know when the strike will end and supply of sand will resume.so fingers crossed.
Also thinking of going to RMC and spending some time to know the pros and cons of going to RMC.

Here in this forum many are suggesting, if we go for RMC it has to be 100% cement type not GGBS type ,I dont know why?

In fact my readings on net says, GGBS mixed concrete has more strength than only cement RMC.but it is slow in setting and needs proper curing.

So just some expert here, can throw some light on which RMC is better?
100% cement RMC or GGBS cement mix RMC ? pros and cons each one.
Here are some pics of showing that it is all set to receive concrete
Attachments
DSC_0382.JPG
DSC_0382.JPG (303.48 KiB) Viewed 6908 times
DSC_0378.JPG
DSC_0378.JPG (111.4 KiB) Viewed 6908 times
KVS Setty
KVS Setty

Post by KVS Setty »

Hello Guys,

Tomorrow morning ( at 6 am) we are putting stilt floor roofing ,it's going to be RMC because of non availability of sand ,courtesy of sand lorry owners.

Today morning the electrical guy did the piping in the roof, and they gave me electrical circuit diagram and pipe layout drawing after starting the work and that too on demanding it.
I got so upset with the way they work, don't you think they need to give the drawings before hand for us to study and see everything is as per our needs ( like number of points and it's locations at least for the roof light points and so on)

Something surprising for me is ,after completing their work ,i could see some mud spots put at some locations where pipe ends with a elbow, as seen in the pics. when i asked about it, they say they need it to locate the point and continue the circuit from the bottom of roof.
Please see the pics attached.

Is it the way to do it rightly ? or are they following some clumsy, non standard,old method to save labor and material.I have no idea. :?: :oops:
guys comment on this.

will there be some leakage and strength issues at these spots ,in a later stage ?

Are they doing it properly ? :o
Attachments
DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0385.JPG (180.89 KiB) Viewed 6851 times
close up view.JPG
close up view.JPG (169.43 KiB) Viewed 6851 times
DSC_0384.JPG
DSC_0384.JPG (184.34 KiB) Viewed 6851 times
KVS Setty
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear Setty
In my case Architect and contractor are different. I had electrical circuit diagram in advance. I could not understand, what is pipe layout diagram? is it plumbing and sanitary drawing or something different. I have not noticed mud spot in my two roof slab. They have only used mud where ceiling hooks were planned.

sahu

Return to “Civil Construction”