Wooden Window Rates

baruc2003

Re: Wooden Window Rates

Post by baruc2003 »

Yes, I agree with
nabikm
Even I went in search of some windows and door requirement for my house. I preferred cheap wood that is strong. Red sal was my choice. I got a quote of 1100 for second quality and 1200 for first quality. He told me second quality is enough for good frames for doors and windows. first quality for window frames. He told that he has done many window shutters with first quality red sal and no problems ever. I am going to choose this option as he gave reasonable labour quotes for door frames(15rs) and window frames(28rs).

The price is same even for main doors. The reason some people quote more of main doors is because it has vasakal (frame below also). There is another difference of joints between the frames. i.e. full joint and half joint. full joint is the oblique fixing of 2 logs in the corner of the frame and half joint is horizontal fixing. half joints are avoided on front sides of any doors however, it comes on other side of the frame.
Thanks,
Bharath
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

I started looking out for red sal today. All vendors had three qualities and the best one which is the heaviest also is around 1275 per cft. I am going for this.
to_manish_11

Post by to_manish_11 »

nabikm wrote:Hi,
The rates quoted above are too high, I bought barma teak and honne last week from Bangalore Timbers Bhanerughatta road at 3600/CFT and 1950/CFT respectively. Plaining and thut charges extra.
For carpenter I paid following charges
Door frames: 18/SFT
Main door frames: 25/SFT ( Didn't understand the logic why he charged more for main door frames).
Window frames: 40/SFT
Hole drilling for window frames: 2 per hole.
Good part is my carpenter made all 13 frames and 7 windows in 4.5 days
Nabikm,
Can you share your carpenter contact details? I have to get the window frames done for my house?
to_manish_11

Post by to_manish_11 »

baruc2003 wrote:Yes, I agree with
nabikm
Even I went in search of some windows and door requirement for my house. I preferred cheap wood that is strong. Red sal was my choice. I got a quote of 1100 for second quality and 1200 for first quality. He told me second quality is enough for good frames for doors and windows. first quality for window frames. He told that he has done many window shutters with first quality red sal and no problems ever. I am going to choose this option as he gave reasonable labour quotes for door frames(15rs) and window frames(28rs).

The price is same even for main doors. The reason some people quote more of main doors is because it has vasakal (frame below also). There is another difference of joints between the frames. i.e. full joint and half joint. full joint is the oblique fixing of 2 logs in the corner of the frame and half joint is horizontal fixing. half joints are avoided on front sides of any doors however, it comes on other side of the frame.
Thanks,
Bharath
Bharath,
Can you share your carpenter contact. I have to get the window frames done for my house?
nabikm

Post by nabikm »

Manish,

Carpenter name is Ansar, he lives near Gottigere B G Road. Mobile #9740439629

You can give my reference.
Abdul Nabi
shan3377

Post by shan3377 »

HI Nivas

Your posts are very good and informative, Can you post how to calculate the wood required for a required sizes and detailed procedure to select the wood from saw mill and cutting and making charges, will be helpful for lot of new guys.

Return to “Civil Construction”