Borwell yield testing

sunil2929

Re: Borwell yield testing

Post by sunil2929 »

Hi Murthy,

I have done the test yesterday. My water source was at 1005 feet. This was the point water gushed out when drilling. drilled up to 1060 feet.

Summary from Bore well camera test:

1) Small source found at 80 feet only. i could see water was flowing. It was very little.

2) water stocked up at 395 feet. from this he told me that there are no dry gaps. If there were any dry gaps water wouldn't have stocked up till here.

3) water Gaps were identified at 670 feet, 770 feet and 900 feet. He told me water would flow from here also. They are small sources and they stock up the water. During drilling
due to the heat, water wouldn't have gushed out.

4) Stone (Botrus) was found at 960 feet. This could hinder a little when i insert a pump.

5) One more water gap was identified at 1005 feet. since the camera was already in water. I couldn't make out the water flow.

6) Camera thread went only till 1040 feet only. The remaining was filled with mud or botrus or it could be some miscalculation while drilling.

7) Overall he told me there is no silt. There is no big hindrances for inserting pump and he suggested me to go with 4 HP 50 stage pump which can lift water up to 1100 feet.

8) I am planning to insert the pump till 1000 feet.

He has all equipment's to open the casing pipe even if it is welded. He recorded the entire video in a DVD for my future use.

Contact Details : Camera Operator: 9448535886 . He quoted 2500. I negotiated for 2000.

Regards,
Sunil
Murthyin

Post by Murthyin »

Great, thanks for the details. Is it ok if we get it done when we start construction or we should do immediately after we dig a bore well.

You said water collected up to 395ft right, were you able to see all clearly from 396ft? Are you able to identify the water sources or water belts. Also are you able to see the rock structure and type of rocks formation changing.

Please clarify more. Btw, where is this guy's office or located. I want to get it done.

Thanks,
Pradeep.K
sunil2929

Post by sunil2929 »

Hi Murthy,

Camera test performed on 18th of June 2015.

1) casing upto 80 feet.

2) 80 - small amount of water droplets was flowing below the casing at 80 feet.

3) 395 - stock water found at 395 feet

4) 500 - small gap found. although water was not visible as camera was already inside water.

5) 720- small gap found. although water was not visible as camera was already inside water.

6) 882 - small gap found. although water was not visible as camera was already inside water.

7) 906 - Small Botrus found. Need to take care while inserting the pump. Tell the operator to insert the pump carefully after 900 feet.

8) 977 - water source found

9) 1000 - one more gap found at 1000 feet. although water was not clearly visibe as the camera was already in water.

summary:

No silt. Little care has to be taken care about botrus. 4 HP motor is sufficient to lift the water.

I have now installed motor pump (4HP) upto 1000 feet and i am now getting sufficient water.

Regards.
Sunil
Murthyin

Post by Murthyin »

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the details.

You mentioned "small gap found" at multiple fts, is there are water gaps or water sources or dry gaps or drain gaps? Please clarify.

Also please share the details of the pipe and motor inserted and cost for the same. I planning to get the motor installation by next weekend. On the same day, I want to do the camera scan. Your details are really helpful.

Great if you can share that video with me in PM. Upload to google-drive and can share.

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep.K
sunil2929

Post by sunil2929 »

Hi Murthy,

The operator told me they are actually water sources. They are very small. Since the camera was already in water i couldn't feel that water was gushing out. There are no chances of dry gaps. As if there were any dry gaps water wouldn't have stocked up till 395ft. The same was told by camera operator.

I went with 4HP 50 stages texmo motor, 1000feet black pipe, 1050 metres of finolex 4 square cable , Gelco panel board with dry run break circuit. This costed me roughly around 1,03,000 with transportation , taxes and extra fittings.

Contact Shekar @ 9448444489 for estimation on phone. Good and reliable service. He has a shop in city market.

For the video i am not sure what is the size of it and it doesn't make much use for you as the operator was explaining me each and every thing.

Regards,
Sunil
Murthyin

Post by Murthyin »

Sure, thanks for the details Sunil. Just want to see the video before I get it done for my site. You can share upto 15GB via drive.google.com

Thanks,
Pradeep

Return to “Civil Construction”