Post by sc_new »

Last page of the contractor quote
Attachments
IMG-20161202-WA0026.jpg
lakshmi56

Re: Review of plan for North facing house

Post by lakshmi56 »

Hi,,
This is Vijay xxxxxxxxxxxx from xxxxxxxxx CONSTRUCTIONS, I am myself a M. tech Civil ( Structures & Designs). We are into Construction of Independent houses, villas & Commercials. We also take up Interior Design & execution.
We have a complete team of fully efficient Civil labors & Masons. Plumbers & Electrical people with thorough knowledge & have been doing various Villa projects & are well efficient for any kind of fittings, automation for houses, & high end bath fittings.

You can Contact us on 9620xxxxxxxx/9620xxxxxxx, Our Email id :- xxxxxxxxxxxconstructions@gmail.com, vijxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com. A complete detailed Quote with detailed specifications shall be given to you & the same executed on the ground. Our supervisor will be always there at site to supervise the work. Kindly contact us so that we can share the Quote with you.

We work as per the market Standards & the best quality assured with timely completion of the Project.

Warm Regards
Vijay xxxxxxxxxxx

EDITED BY ADMIN
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

In the material contract, the contractor has quoted basic prices for plumbing works. We would like to go for wall mounted commodes, for which it is stated that will be charged extra. Members please let me know what would be the price escalation excluding the commodes per bathroom
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Sc_new
I find too many loopholes in material specs / contract agreement.
1. Good quality means what ? good quality to your specs or contractor specs. There will be lot debate on these things later part. Every thing is good from contractors view and every thing is bad from owners view :)
2. Even basic materials like steel, brick, sand, cement are lacking base prices
3. What will happen if the prices goes up? are you bearing the cost or its contractors scope
4. There is not a mention of workmanship, If you are not really worried about how the building turns up but best material is sufficient.
5. How are you going to calculate any upgrade cost difference ?
6. 1650/- in current market price you get a 'c' grade quality apartment ( apartment is for reference )
7. What happens with sumps ? tanks? compound walls
In my opinion you haven't yet seen what kind of finish material you get in this quote. I suggest you personally see the items that you can afford in this quote. 80% of people don't take the pain of going to market and understand what they get in 4500/- commode or 45/- tiles or 100/- granite.

From plan i understand you are constructing for your own stay purpose. I suggest you to go in details before you finalize the contract. It always good to fight with contractor now in negotiating or getting all the details than later.
Sit with your architect, he should be helping you in all these matters. Architects are not just for giving plan.

All the best for your construction.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
facebook.com/ardes.architects
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

I have got quotation for the boq from another contractor, members kindly comment on the cost.
Attachments
Excel of BOQ quotation 2.xlsx
(25.02 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

Members kindly help as APCO is turning out to be out of our budget, any other brand of cement blocks of good quality , that v can insist the contractor to use
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi,

I suggest you to get the Material specifications with brand and Cost against each, I am attaching you one specs which I got from this Forum itself, you can insist your contractor to provide the details as per this, so that you can review quickly and while verifying it will work like ready reckoner during your monitoring on Materials.

Regarding Cement blocks you can check out Basant Betons, they are also good.
Material Specifications.pdf
Material Specs
(61.82 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
sc_new

Post by sc_new »

:) Than you so much Swamy

Return to “Civil Construction”