House Construction - Experience

kartheek

Re: House Construction - Experience

Post by kartheek »

Thanks Swamy for the info...

One of the painting labour vendor is qouting 3500/- per chadra (100 sqft). This includes the following without material - labour only activities.

1) 3 coats of putty internal
2) 1 coat of primer
3) 2 coats of paint
4) wood paint whereever required
5) MS grill and window rods painting

Not sure if this is a good price point. Anyways, I need to go and check his work done in other houses.

Thanks once again.
Kartheek
manojkumar

Post by manojkumar »

protect_nature wrote:
swamy_blr wrote:Hi,

I suggest you to check near to South Bangalore, Mine is in North Bangalore. Travelling will be big issue for the Mason/Builder from one end to other end.Not worth as well work will be delayed/discussion will be a problem.

Any members , who have built on South Bangalore can give you the reference. Even if you give to Builder please go and watch the work regularly. Don't relay on Builders and they will start using Low quality materials if you are not regularly monitoring.

rgds
Swamy

Ya I agree, hope we will find reliable one,thank you
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

hi Swamy ,

I got simple question after final Roof concreting how do we do waterproofing is it with final with concreting or separate activity , basically how last roof top is different from other floor Roof with regards to finishing .

Thanks in advance .

Regards
Kumar
senapathigopi

Post by senapathigopi »

kartheek wrote:Hello Swamy and all,

I need the info on labor charges for Painting. To be more specific... I'm looking for,

1. How is texture (outer walls) work charged (with and without material)?
2. Internal wall putty, primer and paint (with and without material) charges?
3. Wood polish charges?
4. MS grills and Staircase railings painting charges?

Looking forwards...
Thanks, Kartheek
Hi Kartheek

Below is what i got from painter [Thrimurthy] for my house not yet negotiated, who has done for my neighbors with materials.
copy-pasting for you.

Rate/sq.ft

Application of 2 coats Royal Emulsion (Asian) with 3 coats of Birla wall care putty, 1 coat of oil base primer (Asian), 1 coat of touch up putty on the interior walls & ceilings of the residence.
Rs. 36.00

Application of Melamyne Spray Finish on the doors & windows where ever necessary surface preparation.
Rs. 120.00

Application of MRF Spray Finishes on the doors & windows where ever necessary surface preparation.
Rs. 225.00

Application of Duco Finishes on the grills & railing, cabinets &wardrobe where ever necessary surface preparations.
Rs. 225.00

Application of Enamel Painting on the metal finishes with necessary surface preparation.
Rs. 28.00

Application of Textures (Spray & Scratch finishes) with 2coats of Exterior Weather Proof Emulsion (Asian Apex).
Rs. 38.00
Regards
Gopinath
pri

Post by pri »

"Below is what i got from painter [Thrimurthy] for my house not yet negotiated, who has done for my neighbors with materials.
copy-pasting for you.

Rate/sq.ft

Application of 2 coats Royal Emulsion (Asian) with 3 coats of Birla wall care putty, 1 coat of oil base primer (Asian), 1 coat of touch up putty on the interior walls & ceilings of the residence.
Rs. 36.00"

Is this the rate for Sqft rate of the floor or Sqft rate of walls and ceiling ?
If its for walls and ceiling, it seems extremely high. I recently got a Quote of 15rs/sqft for 2 coats putty 1 coat primer and 2 coats Royal paint.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Gopinath,

The Price quoted for you is extremely very High, It can't be that much. Just don't go with him. You will loose lot of money.
You should be careful and has to monitor during Painting whether they apply the coats properly or not (Expert or non expert)

For Teak Polish with MRF Coat will around 110 - 130/-
(MRF is top grade Sealer for Teak Doors polish which cost around 11050 for 20Litres & MRF Thinner would be 2400/-)

For 3 Coat Putty, 1 Coat Primer & 2 Coat of Royal Aspira would be 15/- Per Sqft and max would be 18- 20/-

Enamel painting for Grills & Sal wood Doors/Windows would be 12 - 15/- Per sqft

Textures would be around 25/- Per Sqft

rgds
Swamy
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Ravikumar,

Regarding the Terrace Floor - Please engage your Structural engineer during Concrete pouring he/she will instruct how to do it.
Extra careful to be taken on mixing so that there should not be any cracks or air holes on the floor. Without him don't do it especially during finishing.

Post completion of Roof Concrete - Do the Waterproofing on Terrace using Fosroc or Dr Fixit - Do invest some amount and do with Professionals.
Don't compromise here for the sake of saving some amount. If the waterproofing is not correct then you will face Dampness and water seepage from the Roof to the Ceiling and Walls. You have to invest lot later because of this.

rgds
Swamy
ravikumar124

Post by ravikumar124 »

Hi Swamy ,

Thanks for the feedback , saving money is not main idea here , already concrete for terrace /roof is done via RMC , however as per Engineer he says he will do one more layer on top on this with all waterproofing for terrace .

first time for me i don't know how this works , basic idea was for terrace we need to waterproofing that it .. got little info on this topic but stayed in few rented house where ceiling /wall had a leak during rain
sudheerkeshav

Post by sudheerkeshav »

Hi Ravikumar,
Use clay tiles on your roof, probably the best method to avoid any sort of leaks, and keeps the indoors cool as well.

Regards,
Sudheer
murali219

Post by murali219 »

Hi Swamy,

I am about to start house construction in Mahadevapura area.
1. Can you please provide your river sand people contact number?.Also how did you measure the truck load when it reached the site?
2. Need red clay bricks contact point. I asked one local guy, he told 6 rupees per brick(MTB bricks from kolar)

Thank you,

Return to “Civil Construction”