Kitchen Vastu - Guidance Needed

avipnv

Kitchen Vastu - Guidance Needed

Post by avipnv »

Hello Members,

Am happy to be a part of this wonderful community, i would like to get some guidance
from vastu knowledgeable members on this forum.

Our house is a East Facing plot of 30*40, kitchen is built in the NW corner, due to some design reasons, we could not position
it in the SE usual location, so the opposite was the ideal spot.

Coming to the position of fire place(Cooking stove) and sink is a bit confusing for me, i have been exploring and
getting different answers, pl see the drawing and provide you suggestions.

Kindly also refer any Vastu Expert, whom you may have availed services, my location is JP Nagar, Bangalore.

Thanks
Avinash
Attachments
kitchen.png
snelgi

Re: Kitchen Vastu - Guidance Needed

Post by snelgi »

My house is under construction and I was also going through the same confusion, I have zeroed on NW kitchen for my 30X50 east facing site, I have read lot of articles and my architect who's well versed with the vastu suggested me that stove can be either on West or East, it shouldn't be on north or south.
navhe

Post by navhe »

Hi Avipnv,
you mentioned about avoiding bathroom door visible from kitchen - pl make sure same is not directly visible from Dining area as well as from hall.

Not to discourage you, but out of curiosity want to know - why do you think stove position matters? based on any of the so far known physics, chemistry principles..?
I am not a big fan of vaastu. My general suggestion is "Take out the fear of Vaastu. Confidently go ahead and make it as much as convenient. Things like relative placement of Fridge-Sink-Stove-preparation platform matters because that decides how do we move inside kitchen and work. For example, How do you open fridge door(to your left or right) matters. Having a break-fast counter next to stove/cooking area helps on daily basis. Like this there are many small aspects which matter as we feel it every day. So, pl focus on designing for better user experience.
All the best.!
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,All
My take on vastu is different ( its my personal opinion though). SE or NW corner kitchen is most suitable as per Vastu not because some god said it.
The simple logic behind it is that good olden days there was no gas stoves, its all majorly wood fire or charcoal cocking. Given that sun rises in the east and sets in the west but it travels via south, there by you can expect SE to have max sun exposure. Since wood is always stored where sun exposure is high so that it won't catch moisture and kitchen is always placed next to wood store ie SE corner.
There is no logic behind stove facing east or west and sink placement. Sunlight kills bacteria and keeps the space dry. We dry even our utensils under sun to make sure they are hygiene and odor free.
My personal suggestion is not to spoil the kitchen because vastu says something. If your kitchen is not designed considering functionality and easy maintenance, the food cooked there cannot keep you happy and healthy.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Try to make sure you have a window in East or west , Direct sunlight helps to keep Cockroaches in control.
navhe

Post by navhe »

I completely agree with comments from Ar.Praveen & Visualizer. Its very important to have couple of small windows to make sure direct sunlight enters kitchen and also making way for good natural ventilation.

Return to “Civil Construction”