PAINT RELATED

maheshvivid2003

Re: PAINT RELATED

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

@Manjunath_H thank u very much

i know abt my contractors i dont ever listen to his suggestion n jis suggestions n advice will always indirectly benificial to him.. i always go by engineer words or views n suggestions from this forum

so after cement plasterin no need to apply chak powder n we can directy apply birla white putty right ?
and at wat stage we have to apply primer or when white putty is used is ther any neccessaity that we have to apply primer ?
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

Yes you can directly apply birla putty and once two coats of birla putty is done, you can continue with primer. Before you apply the primer, make sure the walls are smooth and no bulges are found. You should see this by a halogen light or a bright bulb. else it is not visible through naked eyes.

Cheers!!
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

For a 2000Sqft house, the labour will cost around 30-35k, Materials will cost 20-25k depending upon your requirements. Since most of the amount will be spent on birla putty, probably the price would be on the higher end for first coat.

For 2nd coat both interior and exterior including materials and labour it will cost 50k.

There is not specific methods for external plastering. I can share couple of methods on this:

Step 1: The external plastering is always a rough finish. It should be sponge finish, make sure the maestri does not tap the sponge while plastering, once it gets dry and you paint, you can see the tapped sponge marks on it. So, ask him to move the spong anticlockwise just like you wipe a wall. so that no marks are found.

Step 2: Cure the plastering thrice a day atleast for a week. If you fail to do so, it will end up in cracks.

Step 3: Once this is done, you can ask your painter to paint birla white cement on it and cure it for 2 days.

Step 4: Once curing is done, he can start of with painting.

Hope the info is needful :)

Ground Work to find out the exact cost of painting labour and materials: Consult 2-3 painters and ask them to visit your house, ask them how much labout it would cost. I request you to get materials on your own. Make a note how much materials is required and enquire the cost at a nearest wholesale dealer.

You will get 3 differenet quotations from 3 different painters. You can choose who does the best quality work and you can go with him.

If you find any difficulties in hiring a painter. Let me know. I can refer you a good painter who painted my house.

Thanks,
Manjunath
maheshvivid2003

thank u very much

step 3: Once this is done, you can ask your painter to paint birla white cement on it and cure it for 2 days...white putty or white cement
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

white cement for exteriors..
maheshvivid2003

2day enquired shop owner say birla putty is cost saving compare to chak powder and masonry suggest to go with chalk powder coz sot will be less compare to putty n also coz it will be easy work for him
asked painter abt that he is suggesting to go for putty

wat is the cost difference between birla white putty n chalk powder ?
if i opt for birla white putty how much bags it might consume for 900 sqft or say just 11.6*12.6 room ?
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

Mahesh, you are saying about lime paste on masnory plasted walls. In general pratice, people go with lime rendering (chalk + cement paste) and later go with 2 coat of Birla putty or Normal putty by the painter. Actually lime rendering will reduce the amount birla putty or normal putty. For interal plastering of 950 Sq.ft house it took 45 bags , 1 bag cost 30 rs. Its coming around 1350 Rs for lime rendering. I think it will consume roughly 2.5- 3 bags of Birla putty, also its depend upon the surface undulation on masnory limed wall.
maheshvivid2003

ur correct the masonry said the same method ...

he told it might consume 100+bags of chalk powder for 900 sqft n rs 30 per bag (approx fig) and then 2 coats of plaster of paris (patti)and then primer and dont know wat will be the final amount for all these things

wher as birla putty two coats r enough and ready to paint that is after just cement plasterin..so no pop n primer chalk powder ...dont know how much it will consume

probs is budget n even if birla white putty will be 2k more per floor compare to chalk pwder+pop+primer then i would definetly opt more putty .....overall it might comes to 35 square(g+3 floors)
nagarajbn

Post by nagarajbn »

would like to thank you all for your valuable information. i'll call my contractor right away and ask him ot put birla white putty right away.

Raj.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Hello Guys,
Now that my plastering work is nearing completion, I am planning to take a quote for painiting. Can you shed some light on the guidelines for the cost of labour for a house of 25 squares (G + 1)?
I already checked with one painter, and he quoted Rs.60k. (2 coats of patti, 1 coat priemer & 2 coats of paint).
Any insights will be helpful.

Return to “Civil Construction”