Duplex house plan for review (East facing 30x50 site)

navhe

Re: Duplex house plan for review (East facing 30x50 site)

Post by navhe »

Dear Friends,
For me Vaastu seems largely superstitious.
Except for few facts like Sleeping head direction etc. which is linked to earth's magnetic field, there is no other scientific/logical evidence to prove effect of vaastu on us.
Trying to follow all vaastu rules closes all flexibility and design options and many times it does not make sense for small plots in city style.
Nevertheless, it is advised to follow Vaastu to some extent so that the resale value does not go down just because of this reason.
Even though we are living in a society where larger community believes vaastu, surely people are changing.

IMO, priority shall be given to following while designing floor plan:
1. Meaningful Flow - moments for different activities shall be easy and non-interrupting; .
2. Improve light factor and ventilation
3. Being proportionate - hall/room/kitchen etc size should be proportionate to give a 'Big House' feeling. Avoid too many inside walls.
4. Logical Separation - Floor areas shall be properly separated and distanced from each other - Eg: Dont keep common wall btw Toilet and Dining. Keep them rightly distanced and properly masked.

I faced exactly same problems as mentioned by ausraja while preparing floor plan for my house. Later i firmly decided not to get restricted by vaastu rules and be practical.

All the best.

Return to “Civil Construction”