quote for review

ausraja

Re: quote for review

Post by ausraja »

if not willing to sit there holding an umbrella to monitor the labourars and running around to get materials better give a full contract.

with labor and other options we save a percentage but will lot of risks.I have learnt a lesson of not giving a contract to save money and i am having lot of problems controlling the usage of material , quality of work and quantitty of work completed in a day.

I have two more floorsw to go so enquiring ....
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Think of a trick , professionally we should keep deadline, if a labour meets the requirement give him a bonous at the end and tell
him about it. It might work.

-Venky
shan3377

Post by shan3377 »

I too enquired for construction rates with my contractor friends, as per them they take their margin at any cost, and labourers work the same way even you give material contract or labour contract. Quality of work can be ensured with proper inspection and construction knowledge. If dont have time then we need to put our money to get the work done
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

yes as you said "they take their margin at any cost" why take the headache as its better to leave the burden on professional hands.

"Quality of work can be ensured with proper inspection and construction knowledge." - I believe in order to achieve this you need to talk in their language which we cant and better to have someone do this job.
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

There is no guarantee that so called "professional" will ensure quality. Like shan mentioned, they will ensure their margin at any cost which means either you have to pay more or accept that behind your back sub-standard work being done

constructing a house is like taking care of a child. It is your house, it is your money, your project - you have to make time and be available at the site to ensure it comes up the way you want it to be and quality is maintained. There is no short cut to this. I had given for item rate contract, pathetic work was being done by contractor, I sent him and got the work done using laborers.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

mahesh if only everybody could do it like you....

my case is talking about people who have the money but its hard to spare the time and energy for building the house since we are employed in jobs which doesnt allow us to concentrate during week days.

There has to be a line draw somewhere along with trusting else building our house can happen only after losing our jobs , long leave or at retirement.

any-case will help if you share in PM the item cost that you got from contractor for reference.

Return to “Civil Construction”