PAINT RELATED

anupmudugal

Re: PAINT RELATED

Post by anupmudugal »

hi,

We have just completed 1st coat of paint for interior and completed the exterior. We used ICI Dulux for both interior and exterior. The cost of material will be around 40% and rest is labour+profit of the painter
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Hello,

My painter is in the process of polishing the wooden doors and windows. I have gone for a lumpsum contract with the painter. Now I am planning to install flush doors for internal rooms and baths. Since the doors I have seen doesn't require polishing, painter would be saving material and labour on them. Can someone let me know what would be the cost of polishing a normal 7*3 door shutter from both sides. If you guys can breakdown the material cost and labour cost separately, it would be great. I can bargain further to reduce his charges since he is saving on wood polish for these doors.

thanks
Yogi
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Hi,
Can someone let me know about Duco Paint. I am planning to get it done for kitchen cabinets on plywood. Can we directly paint it on plywood? How is duco paint done and about its durability and maintainence.

thanks
Yogi
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Please provide any inputs on duco paint and cost of polishing a normal door. Please see my questions above.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,Yogi
Ducco paint is the one used on the cars or any automobiles.you cannot do ducco directly on ply.first 3-4 mm Mdf should be stuck and then ducco paint.It is a very costly and time consuming affair.The basic price starts at 150/- per sft only for paint.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
www.ardesarchitects.com
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Thank you Praveen for your inputs.
Yogi_78

Post by Yogi_78 »

Hi,
My painter has finished the initial part of polish of the doors and shutters and has now started primer for walls (the shutters were fixed by carpenter and was removed and was given to painter to do polish). Painter is asking me to have the door and window shutters fixed again to the frames, so that he can match the shutter with the frame while doing the spray polish. I have decided to go for only one coat of paint now. Please let me know is it better to fix the shutters and doors now and finish the spray polish or complete the one coat paint and then fix the shutters and doors and do the spray polish.

Thanks
Yogi
santa7785

Post by santa7785 »

Hi All,

How is the painting labor rates usually quoted usually?

Is it based on total built up area of the house in sqft? Or is it based on total area of the walls is sqft?

Also I see in above post, some one has quoted 3300/100sqft, what is this rate?

If my house is total 1000 sqft, is paint labor 3300*10 = 33,000 only ??

Please help. I'm really confused. :(

I contacted a painter, he quoted Rs. 2 Lakh, for only interior and exterior. Excluding all windows, doors, grills etc.. My house is totally 2600 sqft, G+2 in 30*40 site.

Regards,
Santosh
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

can anybody tell me the labour cost of polishing for teak wood doors

pu polish with or with oput material rates
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
Usually painting quote per Sft are not based on the floor area .They are based on wall Sft areas.In case your floor are is 1000sft your walls area can be 6000 Sft more or less depending up on no of portion walls etc..

Regard
Ar.Praveen.N
ardes architects and interior designers
ardsarchitects@gmail.com
Www.ardesarchitects.com

Return to “Civil Construction”