sam_m400

Re: PAINT RELATED

Post by sam_m400 »

i got input that
1) interios - 2 coats of putty, 1 coat primer, 1 coat paint
2) exterios - directly coat APEX paingt with no putty /primer
3) window rods - apply metal primer and paint
4) doors/windows - apply primer and paint with no putty needed

Is this way to do ? I have seen exterior and doors/windows he is not using putty... I haven;t decided on this till now?????
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

my painter saying for interior to use Birla putty 2 coats so that Primer is not required. If you want you can use the that but it adds to cost. Is anybody have used without primer using Birla putty. Does it absorb more paint if being used without primer....? Is primer is really necessary...?

for exterior to use white cement mixed with suryacem as nowdays and above it APEX 2 coat... Is this sufficient for outside???
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

interior -- one coat of primer, two coat of birla putty and applying 2 finishing coats of paint
exterior -- 2 coats of paint on one coat of primer coat
For Window grill -- One coat red oxide primer and two coats of enamel paint for window grill, safety grills and safety doors.
Door -- One coat wood primer two coats of full putty and two coats of synthetic enamel paint for all doors and windows.
Two coats of French polish for entrance doors.

i dont now the "why" behind all these -- but this is what i could gather from this forum based on my interpretations, so ...
santa7785

Post by santa7785 »

Which wall putty is better? JK wall care or Birla?

And what is the price difference? Please suggest.

Return to “Civil Construction”