Consturction specification

Yogi

Consturction specification

Post by Yogi »

Hi,
My engineer has given specification of consturction and he has quoted Rs.1,25,000 for a square. The house is going to be constructed using pillars. There will be 2 floors. one for own use and one for rent. I have attached the specificaiton and like to know is the one he has provided is satisfactory. He has given basic price of vitirified tiles of Rs.45 and glazed tiles of Rs.27, which I feel is very low cost material. Please advice what would be the reasonable cost per square for the specification he has provided.

It would be great if you guys can share a sample specification which is transparent and complete that helps me in asking my engineer what is required to be provided for the amount he has quoted. Kindly help as I have limited idea about the cost of the materials and construction cost and don't want to get cheated by the contractors/engineers.

Thanks
Yogi
Attachments
Specificatation-girish.doc
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 611 times
venk_pr

Re: Consturction specification

Post by venk_pr »

@yogi
The specifications provided by your engineer is standard, good price and looks satisfactory. what about compound walls, kitchen granite counter and sink. any granite for pooja room.what about 15AMP electrical points for fridge, washing m/c,geyser,(5 Amp Aqua guard ,computer) is it extra? my suggestion is ask how he is going to measure once construction completes finished exterior wall to ext wall to exact feet and inches or he will round it to nearest higher feet. for ex: 26'2" as 26'2" or 27'(feet).if it is rounded to next feet( 27 feet )then u will be paying extra money. NOTE DOWN ALL YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND CLARIFY WHO WILL BE PAYING FOR WHAT. i don't have sample specifications to post online. do reply the details.
venki
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Venki,
Thank you for the reply. Please advise on the below:
He has told the granite slabs and the steel sink for kitchen will be provided. Compound wall is additional cost not included in the cost he has quoted. I will ask for Electrical points details and would not pay anything extra for it. I will also ensure to put down these points in the contract. About the measurement, he told the measurment is done from the exterior wall to exterior wall and the extended balcony will also be considered for the measurment. I will ensure he will not round off. I am not sure do I need to pay full amount for balconies also. I also want to know how is the slabs provided outside (over the door & windows) the building is calculated? Do I have to pay full amount of 1,25,000 per square for these or 50% of the cost? I asked him about not mentioning anything about RCC in this and he told, it would be provided along with the sturctual design.

rgds
Yogi
venk_pr

Post by venk_pr »

Hi,

They will consider full price for balcony too, u can ask for discount. RCC slabs over windows and doors, if u mean (chejja ) it is not consider for measurements or for payments but it will be part of the building.
venki
ashrafcf

Post by ashrafcf »

hi yogi,

The price quoted is perfect, hardly another 2k to 5k can be negotiated, compound wall will be additional, balcony depends if it's RCC then the rate is same or if it is designer,like steel beam covered with some thick fiber sheet then there is a rate slashing down, and electrical points one or two points can be considered extra, give that does't make any difference, We provide vitrified of high quality wch is *******rs, we usually bring it bulk directly from Gujarat factory, if you pay another 50 Rs on floor will give granite, our company is reputed and registered you can check our website : ********* and we charge normal rate like contractors but delivery quality service as our team are professionally trained.

Ashif there has been enough warning not to market your self unless you share knowledge.Since you are repeatedly violating the rules your member ships is banned
Edited By admin

Return to “Civil Construction”