Pre Fabricated Wall Panels - RapidWall

site.sale

Pre Fabricated Wall Panels - RapidWall

Post by site.sale »

I read about these pre-fabricated wall panels. It is supposedly used in China, Australia, South Africa etc. And has been used for years in Australia.

According the web page, there are many beautiful homes constructed and some 10 - 12 floor apartment complexes, using this technology. The idea is the wall comes pre-made in sections - the outside and inside wall covering is done, there is a buffer zone between these 2 layers, during construction, reinforcement rods are placed protruding from the foundation and the panels slide around these rods. Concrete is poured into the buffer and the wall is ready.

There are many advantages -
1. quick construction.
2. reduction of labour
3. reduction in use of sand, bricks etc.

you can check out more details and advantages listed on their web site at -
http://www.rapidwall.com.au
http://www.karmayog.org/redirect/strred.asp?docId=24227

I want to go green and also have my house done as soon as possible. So all you knowledgeable architects and civil engineers, please chime in with your inputs regarding this.

I would like to know -
1. if this is type of construction will be strong and result in a safe and sturdy home.
2. What are the long term problems that we might need to be concerned about.

any info you all can provide would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by site.sale on September 15th, 2009, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
site.sale

Re: Pre Fabricated Wall Panels - RapidWall

Post by site.sale »

Oh I forgot - these are available in India and there are homes already constructed in India using these panels.

2 companies - one in mumbai and the other in Chennai are producing them already and a 3rd one - I think in Kerala.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Site.Sale

First of all.....we are glad to see you back here after MSN .You are one of the seasoned members of this forum. Welcome back

In India one of the biggest problem is availability of professional residential contractor ( qualified to under stand the details) to execute these kind of factory made products. Our construction field is most unorganized and illiterate field.

I think structurally we shouldn’t have any problem with these kinds of walls; we might have problems in terms of customization and joint with conventional brick wall. This will be a great helpful for large scale projects with typical floor plan and typical walls in all the floors. This saves lot money. Already big builders like prestige are using Doka form works systems http://www.doka.com/doka/en_global/index.php
In this you can make complete walls in concrete, saves in plastering, columns and give you max carpet areas. Instead of making walls in factory they are doing it at site with these moulds.
Hope fully in future our residential and semi commercial construction sector will also be more professional with sense of design.

Regards
Ar.praveen.n
Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@yahoo.co.in
site.sale

Post by site.sale »

Praveen,
thanks for the welcome. I have been on the forum, just not posting much.

Also, thanks for the information. According to the company (RapidWall), they are training engineers and architects and one company in Bangalore has been trained. I am still waiting for the contact information for this architectural firm in Bangalore- so I can get more info. I am hoping this becomes more common and people get trained - not only is is faster, there are so many more benefits.
ardesarchitects

Hi Site.sale,
Good to know that the company is training the professionals , Lets hope in future our construction will be much easier,qualitative, faster & convenient.

Regards
Ar.praveen.n
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Recently(mostly last week either in Times of india or on economic times) i saw an interesting advertisement from Sintex industries about their prefabricated walls based on the polymer solution(Plastic based). you can try to get more information on that, if you are looking for rapid construction.
site.sale

Post by site.sale »

Hello MSN.

could you please send me a link or contact info. I am not local in bangalore and don't have access to the papers. Would really apprecaite any information you can provide -so I can check out more details.

Thank you.
site.sale

Post by site.sale »

msn - I just found the site for sintex (they are in Gujarat.) will check out their information. thanks again for the post.
ardesarchitects

Hi,
I think sintex is a good brand with plenty of cost effective & quality solutions in building industry. I found rain water harvesting system is very useful .
The pre fab walls are not exactly for residential sector, they are more for commercials, exhibitions kiosks etc....
The doors are good for cost effective constructions (only for LIG).
Here is the link for sintex products.

http://www.sintex.in/product.html

Regards
Ar.praveen.n
site.sale

Post by site.sale »

Thank you praveen - I did check out that site. I will keep it marked for when I need it.

Return to “Civil Construction”