Ramco cement - Urgent

sam_m400

Ramco cement - Urgent

Post by sam_m400 »

Hi All

I am plannign to use Ramco cement.

1. did anybody has experience on that?, and one retailer ready to give at 320 310 PPC one ,with 10 Rs extra for OPC. I enquired Birla they have 3 brands (363 - Super, and 353 for Ultra ,and 343 (blended) ,and they told all are 53 . They don't have OPC ,PPC etc,

2. What is difference between PPC and OPC? What should i take care of during curing,plastering etc.

3. Is there any 53 and 43 grade brand for PPC and OPC ,ie (PPC 53,PPC 43,OPC 53, OPC 43) ?

4. How do we know it is 53 or 43 or OPC or PPC brand ? Is anything will be written in the sack?

Regards
sam
pradeepecr

Re: Ramco cement - Urgent

Post by pradeepecr »

OPC (ordinary portland cement.)
-OPC is a pure type cement releasing heat energy at a faster rate & the chances of shrinkage cracks are higher.
-OPC is not suitable for hot weather conditions.
-OPC cannot be used for thick & massive elements

PPC - (Porzolono Portland cement)
-PPC is a low heat cement in comparison to OPC requiring lesser degree of immediate post concrete setting curing.
-PPC is suitable for adverse weather conditions
-PPC is to some extent suitable for thicker elements
-Temperature controls are better conducted on PPC

Getfurther info from - http://www.acchelp.in/faqs-cement.asp
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Thanks ,but what we call 43 and 53 cement as different companies are saying different things. Like Ramco saying they have OPC and PPC ,and Birla saying they do have Super, Ultra and blended, and cormandel saying it is having 43 and 53 cement .

How does cement varies based on 43 and 53 ? . Is it same as OPC = 53 and PPC = 43?
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

hi
Different companies manufacture different cements .birla Is good at graded cements but they call it different .
Opc is ordinary Portland cement
Ppc is Portland pozzolana cement (with 10-15% fly ash mix as per IS)
Generally smaller companies manufacture in opc ,ppc standards like ramco,penna,other andra based .

Regards
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Which is best OPC or PPC as i am going with Ramco cements?

from above i understand PPC is good for moulding ,not sure it is equivalent to 53 grade as everywhere i ready 53 is good for roofing. Some saying you should go for OPC as it is better for curing ,and normally in bangalore they don't give 21 or 28 days curing required for PPC ,but OPC needed only 15 days. Is that right?

So i am confused whether to use PPC as not sure whether it is equivalent to 53 grade ?. Even OPC i am not sure whether it is equivalent to 53 grade. In birla they have clearly written as super = 53 grade ,and ultra = 53 Grade.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

I got the inputs from the site

OPC have 3 grades - > 33, 43, 53................
PPC -> no grades

Does anyway we can know whether OPC is 53 grade ? . Does anything will be written on the cement sack?
jult

Post by jult »

even though ppc is not graded it will be equal to grade of 33.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Based on my understanding (based on talking to good architects & engineers), everyone recommened me to go for PPC cement as it is better than OPC.
People use PPC cement in all developed countries and OPC is kind of non-existent there.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

Ok, but what is curing period they are recommended by architectes/engineers?. I have seen PPC need good curing period ,as it has slow curing properties and no crack can come .
Dreamhome

Post by Dreamhome »

We used PPC 53grade (Birla) for construction. Curing was carried for 15days(min) where we used to water for atleast 3 times a day. For plastering we are using PSC(Ultratech) based on recommendation from my architect.

Return to “Civil Construction”