Grill work

sam_m400

Re: Grill work

Post by sam_m400 »

which stage we should do the grill work? . Is it to be done before flooring, else during welding the sparks can fall on the granite flooring and can damage the same. so we should start after the flooring/plastering... am i right?
kpb2308

Post by kpb2308 »

Do they use welding to fix the grills? I thought the fabricate the grills off site with protrusions, and these protrusions are fixed inside the wall.

I think they place the grills before plastering. So, it is surely done before flooring.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

I got it today it should be done before plastering, and before flooring .

How much these cost per Sq.ft ?. I have seen above replies on 110 and 170 but not sure what does it mean....

I have seen staircase with top/bottom MS pipes and center with horizontal rods(10mm) or vertifical rods(10mm) or both . Is this you are referring to it.......

MS pipes (Rft) * 110 and vertical rod (Sqft) * 170..... .if this is case it is very costly for eg if my stairs is 14 Rft (then MS pipe cost would be 16*110 = 16160. .....How do we measure as i feel my calculation something is wrong....
maheshv

Post by maheshv »

@sahu, flat rod not required but I feel it will give better look as both horizontal and vertical lines will be at the same plane.

horizontal round or hexagonal rod will go through vertical flat rod, if you do not go for flat rod then, both square rod will be welded next to each other wherever they cross each other path
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

today i enquired and for grill work they told me rate starts from 110 per sqft for MS Pipe ,and using flat rods as well it is same, and based on design will increase . There is no running feet or anything just square feet based. Is this normal rate...I have finalised my final price till not a not choosen the design.

Which is best 1)MS pipes or 2) flat rods and MS pipes with vertical or horizontal flat rods (12mm or 8 mm) or 3) whole flat rods (vertical and horizontal)?.
marur

Post by marur »

Hi,

Can anyone let me know what should be the ideal gauge for Main Gate and for safety grill - guidance will be greatly appreciated.

One of the fabricator has quoted that he would charge Rs.80/kg irrespective the gauge.

Is this the right price or anything hidden or that I should be aware of before I finalize the deal.

The fabricator is stating that the for 380 sft safety grill would weigh about 600-700 Kgs. Given this kind of vague estimate, it is getting difficult to decide if I should go for PER/SFT mode or PER/KG mode to the grill work done.

regards,
Madhu

ardesarchitects wrote:Hi yogi
Easy way is to ask the vendor expected weight per sft for 170/- in case you are clear about gauge.No Ms vendor talks about weight in Bangalore (no idea why).
Best way is to deal per kG,though they charge more you will be sure about quality .

regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

I had enquired for "Labour charges"
For safety grill - 45 per sqft
For gate - 100 per sqft
Is this reasonable - or should I go for 115 sqft(safety grill) and 350 per sqft for gate ( including material)
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

For window grills, is there something called "bright" rods instead of regular MS Grill ? My contractor is saying it is better quality (more thickness than MS).
But says it will be 10Rs etc per kg. My BoQ currently says this:

Providing of MS grills of 12 mm square bars for windows at 4 " interval
Max wt 1.5 kg/sft; Basic price steel Rs 50/kg

Btw, if you've hexagonal rods, how will it fit into vertical flat ones which have circular holes ? Contractor suggests circular rods instead - any pro/con ?

thanks
tendlu

Post by tendlu »

how much does it cost per sq.ft (material + labour) for the front/entrance gate?

what is the recommended gauge for the front/entrance gate?
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

14 guage,
325 rs/sqft is what I payed (material + labour ) , rate also depends on design to an extent.

Return to “Civil Construction”