Internal/External plastering

pradeepecr

Internal/External plastering

Post by pradeepecr »

1. I'm starting plastering for inside house, do I need to use lime paste along with cement. Is there any proportion or brand I need to go for. Does it avoid air cracks later days in plastering surface.

2. I have purchased Birla opc 53Gr cement earlier considering I will go for tank room RCC work, Since plan change to go with ground floor internal plastering with Birla 53 cement. Is it ok. Actually I have planned to use zuari ppc for plastering.since I have excess quantity of Birla, I forced to use it for plastering.

3. I have few projection on external wall with 4" solid blocks wall and this projection extended till roof. Do I need do any specific wall plastering or painting treatment for this external wall to avoid moisture or seepage. (I'm hearing from my house nearby neighbours, during continuous rainy day it could give moisture issues on inner wall surface )
palmut

Re: Internal/External plastering

Post by palmut »

Pradeep - 53 grade OPC is not advisable for internal plastering as the setting time for this grade of cement is very very less. PPC is the ideal grade of cement for internal plastering and PPC/43 for exterior plastering.

Return to “Civil Construction”