Single Phase Vs Three Phase connection

jackalbda

Single Phase Vs Three Phase connection

Post by jackalbda »

I wanted to go for single phase connection for my house. But my architect now says that the electric points in my house is such that I have to apply for 3 phase connection. I wanted to go for single phase to reduce the electricity bill. But he says that there wont be any difference in bills between 3 phase and single phase . Is that true ? What is the electric point limitation here? Based on how many kilo watts, should I be mandatorily taking a 3 phase connection ? Between single phase and three phase , which all stages ( initial deposits/bribes ) will I have to pay more ? Will the monthly bill be all the same ?
tech4pk

Re: Single Phase Vs Three Phase connection

Post by tech4pk »

Hi, I was also asked the same by my electrical contractor. There will not be any additional charges for 3-phase tariffs and there will be around 30/- extra for the minimum bill amount.
But, you have to spend little more, around 8-10k (as per my contractor) to get the 3-ph connection when compared to the 1-ph connection as it includes meter cost, and other deposits/KEB charges.
But, do remember that the tariff plan is same for both 1-ph and 3-ph domestic connection.

Return to “Civil Construction”