PAINT RELATED

nagarajbn

PAINT RELATED

Post by nagarajbn »

hi,

today my contractor said that Birla white putty is not needed and instead he will use chalk powder.

What you guys say. I somewhat prefer to get Birla white wall care putty being put first and then paint it.

Also, should the walls before paint should be smooth / slightly rough ...

Nagaraj
tamya

Re: PAINT RELATED

Post by tamya »

even its additional cost better to be with branded products bcz chalk powder will make paint peel due to moisture
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

^^ I second the above message. Please go with the birla white and you will never regret in spending few extra bucks.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

wat should be used for interior wall ?

wats the price of birla putty
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

Birla putty costs around 900-1100 per bag. My painter had used Birla putty of 3 coats to get the right level and smoothness, then Asian primer, and one coat of Asain putty before applying the two coats of Royal. All these are water based ones.
maheshvivid2003

thanku tech4pk

wat do r the things is used after cement plastering ?

im lil confused my masonry says we have to use that white powder ( suna) after plastering
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

yeah, after the plastering, immediately they apply that what paste. That makes easy and saves lot of putty. Also, this sunna is the best one to be applied immediately after plastering, which kind of act like a sealant.
maheshvivid2003

tech4pk wrote:yeah, after the plastering, immediately they apply that what paste. That makes easy and saves lot of putty. Also, this sunna is the best one to be applied immediately after plastering, which kind of act like a sealant.
after appluing that suna we have to use white putty right ?

who have to apply white putty masonry or painter job ?
Manjunath_H

Post by Manjunath_H »

As per my knowledge go for Birla putty eventhough the cost is higher.

Dont trust the contractors, they just find ways to make money. They are least bothered about the quality.

Chalkpowders result in bubbles on wall and it will come out as day passes.

Putty is painter's job. Two coats of putty is required for a smooth and better finish. Monitor it closely when the painters do the putty work. They tend to fool owners by doing single coat putty and stating 2 coats of putty is done.

Let me know if you need any other clarification.

Thanks,
Manju
pradeepecr

Post by pradeepecr »

Thanks for info tech4pk & Manju. I will be completing internal plastering by next week, I checked with few painters, as you said, they wanted their work easier. I want to cover all undulated plastering wall done my civil contractor. At least with painter, I don't want to get cheated.

1. How much roughly it will cost for G+1 (2000Sq. ft ) house?
2. Is any specific methods for external plasterning.?

Return to “Civil Construction”