Which is best option for slabs in wardrobe?

sam_m400

Which is best option for slabs in wardrobe?

Post by sam_m400 »

Hi

I am planning slabs for wardrobes and got to know of 3 options

1. centering/concrete slabs which would cost more
2. medium rate granite slabs laying which would be around 70 Rs. Not sure whether in that rate it is available. Is it available?
3. Plywood which cost around 66 Rs per Sqft

Do help which choice would be best cost wise?

Regards
Sam
m3_07

Re: Which is best option for slabs in wardrobe?

Post by m3_07 »

I suppose there is not much of a choice in here. Only plywood, out of the 3 quoted by you.
palmut

Post by palmut »

Apart from the material charges, you should also check out the labour expenses. I guess out of the three options, concrete slabs will work out to be the cheapest. I heard that plywood + carpenter charges would work close to 900 Rs per sqft. Isn't that so ?
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

plywood is expensive so i have already ruled out that.

I am looking for option 1 or 2, and i feel option 2 granite slab would be the cheapest but not sure whether slab with 70 Rs per Sq ft would be available with no material/labour charges needed as just raise the bricks and put the slab and plaster it.
m3_07

Post by m3_07 »

palmut wrote:I heard that plywood + carpenter charges would work close to 900 Rs per sqft
are you sure that the area is not measured in CFT???? if it is in CFT, 900 rupees again sounds very reasonable.

Labour is at SFT. the costing will go something like this:

1. Ply - 60/ SFT
2. laminate - 40/ SFT
3. Bells + whistles - economy range - 1500 all inclusive.
4. Labour - 80/ SFT - (this is for plain wardrobes, not box type).
5. wardrobe area = 8*4 = 32 SFT.

a. Cost of ply = 1920.
b. Cost of laminate = 1280
c. Accessories = 1500
d. Labour = 2650.
TOTAL = 7350 @ 230/ SFT !!
avani9

Post by avani9 »

Hi,
Could u please give an idea for box type wardrobe?

what r bells n whistles?(laminate/handles?)

I am looking for a carpenter who does decent work (wardrobes)

my wardrobe size is 6 by 7

thanks in advance

avani
m3_07 wrote:
palmut wrote:I heard that plywood + carpenter charges would work close to 900 Rs per sqft
are you sure that the area is not measured in CFT???? if it is in CFT, 900 rupees again sounds very reasonable.

Labour is at SFT. the costing will go something like this:

1. Ply - 60/ SFT
2. laminate - 40/ SFT
3. Bells + whistles - economy range - 1500 all inclusive.
4. Labour - 80/ SFT - (this is for plain wardrobes, not box type).
5. wardrobe area = 8*4 = 32 SFT.

a. Cost of ply = 1920.
b. Cost of laminate = 1280
c. Accessories = 1500
d. Labour = 2650.
TOTAL = 7350 @ 230/ SFT !!
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

thanks m3_07 for detailed reply.

I enquired cuddpa kallu which is very strong. Did anybody have used cuddappa kallu for any purpose? . How is its durability?
blrsiteseeker

Post by blrsiteseeker »

I have seen older houses have these for shelves etc. They look very nice, but about strength I am not sure, only heard that they are not very strong. But how much strength you need for shelves, depends on where it is being used, if you know it is only for clothes and stuff, it is pretty good, but if you intend to put lots of books etc., then check with your architect / builder about it's strength.
tvsh

Post by tvsh »

Kadapa Kallu is available in different thickness. I am using it for shelves in my garage as well as in the farm house. I had stored 2 cement bags on one of the shelves without any issues. The price is about 30 rupees per sft. I am not sure if one uses it for shelves of bedrooms now-a-days.
sam_m400

Post by sam_m400 »

thanks. i have checked and it is very strong as it is crude form of granite . I checked with plywood but most of the houses it got broken/laminate peels out/shining would go in just 5 years especially what is being used in kitchen. I am talking about what we make with carpenter getting the plywood from the capenter. I am not sure about the branded one like in godrej/gilma as they are coming with different material now may be we can see there durability in another 7 to 8 years etc.
thanks tvsh for your inputs for helping me to know that it is very strong. I am going with it as with polishing it looks nice which cost around 70 Rs and durability more that of plywood.

Return to “Civil Construction”