maheshvivid2003

plumbing materials/water proof

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

hi guys

wat r the discounts offered for the following brands pvc /cpvc pipes

supreme
ashirvad
astral

and wat r the water proofing materials used while instaling pipes..my plumber is telling it isnt required
wat r the best water proofing solutions for bathrooms
JollyRogers

Re: plumbing materials/water proof

Post by JollyRogers »

You can get 45% discount on Supreme & Ashirvad products. I have used Ashirvad pipes and they have their own gum for fixing pipes.
For bathrooms, I have used Dr.Fixit when laying tiles. (and also during filling concrete).
maheshvivid2003

@JollyRogers thanks

i just saw drfixit wesite there r many products and can u plz mentioned which u have used whle laying tiles and for filling concrete

ther is no center ducks in bathrooms ...need to rise the floor so can we use cinder?

7 bath have normal mixer n floor mounting comod and only 2 have single lever diverter and wall mounting comod n is it necessary to use pressure pump and for wash basin im planin to have single lever

wat is the starting price for single lever diverter
Last edited by maheshvivid2003 on January 29th, 2013, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

@mahesh, I used Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+ for waterproofing.

Pertaining to the prices of diverter, it depends on the brand that you will prefer. ESS is cheaper else Jaguar is good. Just visit any vendors. They offer 18% discount Net on Jaguar products. Other brands I am not sure on the prices.
maheshvivid2003

@JollyRogers thanks

is it neccessary to use pressure pumps for two bathrooms which has single diverter
1 plumber is telling it is required n other is not
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

@Mahesh, I am using rain showes in my bathrooms, which also has diverters. My plumber informed me that Pressure pump is not required.
What he did was: he used 2 inch CPVC pipes from the Main tank running across the floor and then he has connected 1 inch pipes to it for bathrooms. He said this will help in receiving good pressure. When checking on taps, there is a good pressure, however I have not fixed the Rain shower to check if it works as intended. Need to wait and watch once he gets it fixed.
maheshvivid2003

@JollyRogers thanks

its good idea will definetly put this to him ...have u used 1inch pipes for all the bath ?
JollyRogers

Post by JollyRogers »

Yes, I used 1 inch pipes for the baths.
OldWorldCharm

Post by OldWorldCharm »

JollyRogers, that's a nice piece of information. Thanks.

Just to confirm, the bathroom where you plan to have the rain shower is on which floor? I'm given to understand that if the rain shower is to be put in a bathroom which has about 25 to 30 ft height difference with the water tank, then the pressure pump may not be needed. However, if the bathroom happens to be on, say, top floor and the level difference with water tank is less than about 20ft, then the water tends to come out at a much lower pressure unless one uses a pressure pump.

This is what I've heard from a few plumbers and Hardware shop folks and may not be the actual case. It would be good if someone who's already used a rainshower can comment.
maheshvivid2003

my plumber gave material list and he suggested to go for ashirwad cpvc and supreme for pvc

and also want to buy concealed flush tank so which is the best brand n product for flush tank

he suggested hindware and jaquar coz of after sale service but looking for other brands as well like gebreit ,grohe any suggestions

and for single lever diverter planned to go for jaquar internal body(concealed) costs 2000 rs after discount and we can buy outerbody as per our choice itseems

enquired few shops near site

hindware 30% discount n 28% with bill
jaquar 20% discount n 18% with bill....wat is the max discount offered ?

wat r the discount for
gebreit
ess ess
cera

Return to “Civil Construction”