Labour Contract

pvr59ksl

Labour Contract

Post by pvr59ksl »

Hi all :D ,

I plan to construct my house on labour contract basis. Can you friends suggest a good contractor ? What is the current labour cost per square (Chadra) ? What are the inclusive items and what are the exclusive items ?
pvr59ksl

Re: Labour Contract

Post by pvr59ksl »

Hi all, :)

Two labor contractors have quoted Rs.26K per chadra. The exclusions are,

Earth work,
Parapet wall
Roof surki/Muddi,
Footings,
Watch man room,
Curing above 4 times a day,
Curing for moulding during curing period,
Demolitions and re-work,
Sump,
Chain Staircase (Half charge)
Elevaion works,
Corner designs on ceiling,
Watch man salary.

He says the measurement is roof area.

Is Rs.26K on the higher side. Is there any more points to be clarified with the Labour contractor ? Will there be dark areas which he would take advantage while payment is made. Since I have no idea about the step by step civil works involved , I could not catagorically ask him about all the inclusions.

Regarding payment, he says the payments are to be made weekly. How to calculate the quantum of work executed ? Wouldn't at some point of time the actual payment made will over shoot the quantity of work done at which time the contractor will loose interest in continuing the work ?

Your valuable inputs are requested.
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

I see the rates are high it should be around 22K-23K if there are so many 'exclusion' ( all these exclusion will take your project cost to roof)
check out for 3 to 4 different contractors.
saisuraksha

Post by saisuraksha »

Please check with him for earth work. For footing depth, he as to dig the soil and for foundation and plinth also he as to dig the soil.
if this is included then 260k is OK (but bit on a higher side)
santro

Post by santro »

I think 26K is high price as my friend got the quote for 18-19k with exclusions which you mentioned.
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

I think we should also talk about the location within bangalore also - when we talk about such rates.

I feel the Lobour contract rates in East Bangalore will be more compared to South bangalore , so we should also give our location when giving rates.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Are there any good labour contractors near Gnanabharthi, Nagarbhavi side..
saisuraksha

Post by saisuraksha »

@santo

Did your friend visited the pervious construction done by that mason. Please be double sure withe the person if a person cote 18 to 19 k and does he is covering all the above work mentioned. Intial people will accept the contract and after some times they will say cost has increase and hike the price or they will say like parapet wall and other finishing is separate. i will be surprised if all these are included for 18 to 19k. i think this cost was running 2years back.
maheshvivid2003

Post by maheshvivid2003 »

my exp

last yr ther was 22k max some is included and some not ....it depends on contractor ... we started our house n we have given for 20k includes evrything n now for 3rd floor he is asking 21k and it includes all the work and roof to roof area ....except stair case mesh covering 40 feet height and plastering coz its not in the plan ...and yes shed construction n watchman salary is seperate

even in this feild also ther ir premium ,standard contractor lol

contractors who does projects with min site measurement should be 30 * 40 / 1cr n above n their starting rate will be 23k and it includes evrything but they ask for site to site measurment ....one guy who was constructing a 5 bedroom independent bunglow 40*60 i guess and workmanship and finishes was good n asked him for my work n this was in march lastyr he quoted 22k for site to site measurement and it includes evrything ...and asked his engineer for material contract he quoted 200000 lacs per square ...my budget was less

some medium labour contractors who will accept for 21k or 22k n some work will be excluded ...i had seen my contractors work ...he was constructing g+2 floors rented portions and have done similar work not big projects n all

it all depends on workmanship

i think these prices r irrespective of locations i guess
santro

Post by santro »

@ Sai

Yes the labour contractor was constructing my friend neighbour site which is now in finishing stage. Also 18-19K rate excludes earthwork, Sump & RCC. Finally he got a another labour contractor who quoted 23K including all above mentioned works & now work in progress ( Pillars being constructed).

Return to “Civil Construction”