Plumbing cost for 4+2 bathrooms in Bangalore

abacusv

Re: Plumbing cost for 4+2 bathrooms in Bangalore

Post by abacusv »

vpbs_bak wrote:Need help in checking the labor/material price for my plumbing work. This involves 5 Bathrooms (but mainly checking to see the labor/material rates quoted).
Thanks
The estimate looks similar to mine. Could you pm the plumbing contractor. I have a similar concern on costing.
sarbda

Post by sarbda »

Labor contract for plumbing is between 8K to 12k per bathroom and includes all work (rain water harvesting, kitchen, etc) except road cutting. 10K to 12k is the current rates being charged. Plumbers may say the for wall mounted commode charges will be extra but we need to hard negotiated.
philiptm

Post by philiptm »

Thank you! @sarbda for this information. The plumber i was considering was way above this benchmark. Because of this information, was able to go back to him and negotiate. When he did not agree for even a 10% reduction, found another plumber, for the exact same rate as above.
I have 6 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and one pantry. All together agreed for 70K + extra road-cutting (which he is not giving a fixed figure).
Last edited by philiptm on September 11th, 2017, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swamy_blr

Post by swamy_blr »

Hi Philip,

The amount 70K + Extra Road cutting is fine, as Plumber usually charge 10K per Bathroom including everything (Kitchen also).
Please discuss with Owners who already have done with this Plumber with below questions -
1) Whether the Plumbing connection is satisfaction to their needs, Placement of Taps/Geyser/Solar/Sink & Outlets.
2) Any Leakage Issues due to connection issues.
3) Optimum usage of Items (Means any unnecessary use of Bends/Collars/extra fittings which is not value add)
4) How the Layout is done inside the Bathroom and Outside walls
5) Rain water harvesting process
6) Overhead tank connection with Borewell + Sump water and if any rent purpose how the connection is done separately.

Hope this helps in deciding the Plumber, ask as many questions as with that Plumber and more over they give vogue answers, don't accept it.
Talk to them politely and get it done with clear instruction initially.

rgds
Swamy
philiptm

Post by philiptm »

Thanks! Swamy.
Congratulations! on your work progress. Have been following your posts. Please post some pics of the completed house.
kumarorion

Post by kumarorion »

My Experience with my plumber has been good till now . He has completed 7 bathrooms as on date with one having a tub and another shower panel etc. All bathrooms are with wall mount commodes . He is yet to start work on 3 more bathrooms which he will do post their plastering. If any one is looking for a good plumber in and around kanakapur road area. I can refer him.
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi,
Plumber charges are raged as below
1. 6-7k for normal toilet with wall mixture + shower + geyser + floor mount WC and external tank and single line water supply (bore well) . 2-3 k for kitchen with one sink and water filter
2. 8-10k for Extra fitting toilets with concealed divertor + shower + geyser + solar + wall mount WC+ flush valve and two line water supply. ( kaveri + bore well)
3. 10-12 k for premium fitting toilets with concealed shower panels + geyser + solar + wall mount WC+ concealed flush tank and three line water supply ( rain + kaveri + bore well)
The prices includes rainwater pipes, external drains. Excluding core cuts, road cut, soil excavations, rain water harvesting pit, chamber constructions.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
rameshf

Post by rameshf »

kumarorion wrote:My Experience with my plumber has been good till now . He has completed 7 bathrooms as on date with one having a tub and another shower panel etc. All bathrooms are with wall mount commodes . He is yet to start work on 3 more bathrooms which he will do post their plastering. If any one is looking for a good plumber in and around kanakapur road area. I can refer him.
Hi Kumar,

Can you please give me the details of labor charges you are paying? Our's would be something similar to what you are constructing. 1 with a tub and 6 with shower panels. Our guy has quoted 15k for the one with tub and 14k for others. We don't have bore well and no plans of using rain water. Only Kaveri and rely on tankers on Kaveri shortage days.

Thanks,
Ramesh
rameshf

Post by rameshf »

philiptm wrote:Thank you! @sarbda for this information. The plumber i was considering was way above this benchmark. Because of this information, was able to go back to him and negotiate. When he did not agree for even a 10% reduction, found another plumber, for the exact same rate as above.
I have 6 bathrooms, 2 kitchens and one pantry. All together agreed for 70K + extra road-cutting (which he is not giving a fixed figure).
Hi Philip,

Our plumber has quoted around 145000 for a 3 unit house that has 7 bathrooms and 3 kitchens. There is no bore well and we are just doing rain water harvesting with no plans of using that water. We rely on Kaveri water and tankers in case of shortage. The price he has quoted is all inclusive, but it looks to be very high if I compare it with your plumber. Can you please share the details of him?

Thanks,
Ramesh
philiptm

Post by philiptm »

Hi Ramesh,

Sorry, i just saw this message now. In case you're still looking, please share your number (phil.ts@gmail.com), i'll pass it on and ask him to call.

Return to “Civil Construction”