Construction rate calculation

panandh

Construction rate calculation

Post by panandh »

Hi,

I'm planning to build a house and got quote from 2 different contractor. I gave my requirements including fittings and finishing required for the house.
My contractor is including the car parking and water-tank (over-head) in square feet calculation, when projecting the total cost. Is this normal?

Regards,
P. Anandh
mahendar

Re: Construction rate calculation

Post by mahendar »

Hi friends

some contractors will include the OHT, parking its all depends on the rate given by them. usually some contractors will calculate 1000 liters per each floor in square feet calculation and projections will be included.
MY suggestion is not go with square feet calculation and to go with item rate contract this is best for every clients.

Regards
Mahendar
panandh

Post by panandh »

Thanks. I already requested for item-wise split, because I'm not comfortable with per square feet rate. It doesn't give any flexibility and all the hidden cost tend to show up at every stage when we want to modify even little bit.
vmuralictr

Post by vmuralictr »

Dear Friends ,
Dont Just follow the Contractors . Sit with with contractors and them ask about detailed Estimate as Mahendar Mentioned . It Just take few hours to get it Cleared .
I am a civil engineer and i am in Industry from last 15 years . I know the Contractors mentality since we are dealing with different kind of the Contractors. Normally contractors will always want to have a loop holes . At the time of taking they will accept every thing and finally they will start the Business tricks.

Knowing about Building construction Items is not big Deal at all . You must clearly tell the contractor that you are not going to pay any thing extra for OHT and Projections . Every thing should be included in his Quoted price . The Quotation should be with Item wise details . You will find very less Qualified people in Contracting Field . So they will just brief orally but can not give the Detailed Estimate .
Regards
Murali
harisha

Post by harisha »

Hi Anandh,

Ask your contractor to give a detailed item rate Estimation. Check the specifications and the basic cost of material of each of them. Try to take more than one quote so that you get a comparison. Also go and check the projects which he is executing so that you can know the quality of the work. This is how usually all my clients do. As a thumb rule the cost of construction per/Sft is around Rs.1250/- for a residential building, including compound wall, OHT, Sump & projections. Good luck.
biddappa_c_b

Post by biddappa_c_b »

Team, can you please provide me details of contractors/builders who have worked using clay bricks, exposed bricks etc
amit_k77

Post by amit_k77 »

Hi All,

This is for those who were lucky to get a written estimate from the contractors. Can you upload some of these estimates so that I can know what are the constituents of an itemised estimate.
I am looking to go for construction in a few months and need to know what level of details are needed in various categories: civil, electrical, plumbing, painting etc.
chandan

Post by chandan »

Hi Friends,

I am constructing house near RR Nagar & given total material contract to one of best engineers.

The detailed specifications in Ex-cell format is enclosed.

Regards,
Chandan
The attachment Specification.xls is no longer available
Attachments
Specification.xls
(165.5 KiB) Downloaded 828 times
Last edited by chandan on July 20th, 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiran Kumar K

Post by Kiran Kumar K »

Hi Chandan, A very useful calculation work done by u r engineer hat off to him for is work done. And all forum members who r building their dream building/house for one time investment, all the doudts will be carified by looking u r attachment.

thanks & regards
yashmys

Post by yashmys »

Chandan,

Can you provide the contractor details?

Thanks,
Yash

Return to “Civil Construction”