RedOxide Flooring

Smithaau

Re: RedOxide Flooring

Post by Smithaau »

Pictures will take some time as we have not yet laid the tiles.
pradeepsuresh

Post by pradeepsuresh »

Anyone has contact number of skilled labour who can carryout red oxide flooring with prescission,Please share the number..
cmp

Post by cmp »

Hi Smitha,
Have you had the Bharath tiles laid? Can you please share some pitcures if possible. I am also looking at using Bharath Tiles.

Thanks,
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hello cmp,

we have got Bharat tiles laid. At present the floor has undergone 2 rounds of grinding (total 7 rounds as per the polishing guys) and is covered with the grouting mixture. So the picture will not show you anything. Completion of polishing will be done at the end just before the final round of painting. My personal experience this far has been extremely good with Bharat Tiles. They are a bunch of professinal people coming from Mumbai.
cmp

Post by cmp »

Thank You for the reply. Did your contractor take care of laying and polishing the tiles or does Bharath Tiles do that? Does it need any extra preperation steps?

Thanks
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

Hi,

We used Bharat Tiles services entirely starting from purchase of tiles, laying and now polishing. There is no extra preperation required other than the standard cement+ sand bed that will be used for any tiles/ granite. I would suggest you go with their contractors for tile laying and polishing as they are clear with the nuances required for the final outcome.
santro

Post by santro »

What is the cost of Tiles including Tax & transportation?
Smithaau

Post by Smithaau »

We paid Rs 70/- per sft for plain deep red tile, Rs 95/- per sft for Jaisalmer yellow tile. These tiles are 8inches x 8inches each. For the skirting tiles which is 4inches x 8inches, it is 33/- and Rs 36/- per rft respectively for deep red and Jaisalmer Yellow. The border tiles (3 colours) and corner tiles were bought at Rs 95/- per rft which are 4inches x 8inches and 4inches x 4inches respectively. Tax is at 12.5% and transportation of about 10 tonns of tiles from Mumbai to Bangalore costed us around 55000/- in June 2013.
Laying of tiles, Grinding and Polishing is quoted at Rs 70/- per sft.
In addition, there is support in terms of tile laying pattern etc if you go with Heritage tiles.
sankaushik

Post by sankaushik »

The blog post mentioned earlier in this thread gives information about the flooring but not about any contractor. Does anyone know of a contractor who can carry this out well? I'm looking for someone to do a good red-oxide flooring for my house. Thanks!
iamnsridhar

Post by iamnsridhar »

Smithaau wrote:We paid Rs 70/- per sft for plain deep red tile, Rs 95/- per sft for Jaisalmer yellow tile. These tiles are 8inches x 8inches each. For the skirting tiles which is 4inches x 8inches, it is 33/- and Rs 36/- per rft respectively for deep red and Jaisalmer Yellow. The border tiles (3 colours) and corner tiles were bought at Rs 95/- per rft which are 4inches x 8inches and 4inches x 4inches respectively. Tax is at 12.5% and transportation of about 10 tonns of tiles from Mumbai to Bangalore costed us around 55000/- in June 2013.
Laying of tiles, Grinding and Polishing is quoted at Rs 70/- per sft.
In addition, there is support in terms of tile laying pattern etc if you go with Heritage tiles.

Hi Smitha,

Can you please post some of the pics of the flooring here if it is completely done. I have just bought a home in electronic city and interested in laying red oxide tiles for flooring.

Thanks,
Sridhar

Return to “Civil Construction”