Contractor quote for G+1

Alpha001

Contractor quote for G+1

Post by Alpha001 »

Hi all,

I am planning to construct a G+1 duplex house in a 30x40 site. I had given my requirements to few contractors along with the plan. Given below is the quote i received from one of the contractors. He has quoted Rs. 1600 per sf for an approximate built up area of 1900 sqft. I had visited few of the buildings he has constructed previously. Kindly go through the list and let me know if the rate seems reasonable. Tell me if he has missed anything important or if i need to ask for more information from him on some of those items...

Cement : Birla super/coramandal of 53 grade will be used at all levels
Bricks : Table Mould Bricks of 9 inches for exterior wall and 4 1/2" bricks fo rest of inner walls will be used
Jelly : 20mm and 40mm jelly will be used
Sand : fine sand will be used in complete building
Concrete : M20 grade at all levels
Lintels : Lintels will be 7ft height and given through with respect to requirement of openings
Chejjas : chejjas will be given in rooms and kitchens with respect to owners requirement
Levels : All building levels will be of 10.5 Feetheight from floor to roof slab top
Steel : structure will be of frame type and steel used in the building will be 500TMT at all stages with respect to structural engineeral design

Carpentary and Fixtures
Main vascal frame : 1st standard Burma teak wood of size 6*4 will be used for main door
Maindoor : 1st standard Burma teak wood of size 1.5inch will be used and design will be of owner's choice
Maindoor Fixtures : 1 no of godrej/Europa lock
1 no of 10" brass Handle
1 no of brass door stopper
1 no of normal brass handle inside
2 no of brass tower bolts
4 no of 5" brass hinges
Bedroom and bathroom vascal frame : 1st standard redSal of size 5*3 will be used for bedrooms and bathrooms
Bedroom and bathroom doors : Doors will be of waterproof skin door[design will be of owner's choice]
Bedroom and bathroom door Fixtures : 1 no of Mortise lockset of brass
3 no of 4" hinges
2 no of 6" brass tower bolts
1 no door stopper
Window frames : 1st standard redSal of size 5*3 will be used at all stages of buildings
Steel for windows : hexagon rods will be used at 3" spacing
window shutters : 1st standard teak wood of french panel of 1.5" will be used
shutter glass : one way glass will be used for front and all other will be pin head glass
window fixtures : 3" ss handle for each shutter
ss hooks will be provided
3 no of ss 3" hinges
Tiles & Granite
: granite will be of owners choice(120/sq ft including vat)
bathroom tiles : quality tiles will be used according to owner's choice(45/sq ft) tiles ll be layed upto 7ft height dado
kitchen tiles : quality tiles will be layed upto 4ft height(55/sq ft)
kitchen plat form : jet black granite of 40 mm will be laid
plumbing fixtures & points
pipe : SDR 11 ISI pipes will be used
under ground tank : tank capacity will be 7000 litres , will built by using 9" bricks & water proof plastering will be done
over head tank : triple layer tank will be provided
kitchen points will be provided as per owner's choice
kitchen sink : ss/granite sink will be provided
bathrooms all standard points will be provided
water & sanitary fittings : jaguar & parryware company fittings of basic range will be used
Electrical
pipes : 3/4" & 1" vip pipes will be used in mould & wall
wires : anchor or finolex will be used
switches : anchor roma switches will be used
electrical points
Hall : 1 no of fan point
3 no of light points
1 no of tv point
1 no of telephone point
3 no of plug points
1 no of bell point
1 no of light point for outside
1 no of Ac point
Room : 4 lighting points
1 fan point
2 way switch
5 no plug points
kitchen : 1 no of light point
2 no of 15amps plug point
1 no 2 way light point
bathroom : 1 no of light point
1 no 15 amps plug point
1 no of exhaust fan point
Painting
interior
ceiling : asian paint premium emulsion
wall : one coat of primer two coats of asian wall putty,two coats of asian premium emulsion
door
main door and pooja door : teak wood colour polish
bedroom door : asian premium gloss enamel paint
windows : one coat wood primer,two coats of putty & two coats of enamel paint
exterior : one coat of asian primer,two coats of asian apex paint
terrace work
parapet wall : 9" wall will be built and finishing will be of 3 ft and plastered with sponge finish
water proofing for terrace : water proof of Dr fixit will be used and slope will be given as required
water tank work : tank at a height of 5 ft will be provided
Railings
Stairs : inside stainless steel pipe railing will be used(900/rft)& Outside M.S railings will be used
balcony railings : stainless steel pipe railings will be used
Gate : gate will be of M.S pipe with respect to owners choice(300/sq ft)
Compound wall : All 4 sides

Regards,
Vijay P
gsNagesh

Re: Contractor quote for G+1

Post by gsNagesh »

Hi,

Following are few things which I found need to be clarified.

How about 1. covering of stone slabs / concrete plates over drain
2. pump for overhead tank
3. Try to be specific about the models of wash basin, commodes and the plumbing fixtures. (or get the price and check
out)
4. On what will the switches fixed? Hylum sheet and teak box?
5. electrical meter panel board?
6. How about the sanitory lines and waht kind of inspection chambers will be provided_
7. inspection chamber for sump will be with lock or without lock is it metal or concrete plate?

- Nagesh
sun

Post by sun »

Few more things -

* Gas pipe line with valve ( if you have to keep gas cylinder outside)
* Laying chappadi stones above rainwater drains in front of the house
* Rain water harvesting pit (excluding filters if any)
* Main gate
* Garage door - wooden finish/Automatic door (basic rate of 30k)

Depends upon the contractor to contractor, and the way negotiation would go. Most of them would say all the above things are excluded.
Alpha001

Post by Alpha001 »

Hi Nagesh & Sun,

Thanks for those feedbacks.

I will clarify the points you mentioned with the contractor.

A few queries:

Is rain water harvesting mandatory now?
What will be the approximate cost of covering the terrace ( approx. 1000 sqft) with tiles?
What are the advantages of wall mounted commodes over floor mounted commodes and what is the price difference between the two on basic models of parryware or jaguar?

Regards,
Vijay P
sriram

Post by sriram »

I would be thankful if someone can provide an Approximate/Rough estimate for the TOTAL cost for house construction. In some previous posts I see that the construction cost maybe in the range of Rs 1500 to Rs 1600 per sqft for decent quality construction. However, it would not include woodwork, electrical/sanitary fitting, plan approval charges etc. I would like a rough estimate of the the TOTAL cost which includes All costs till moving into the house. I have just started looking into what is required for constructing a house ans so the details maybe quite incomplete. I want a rough figure to arrange the finance part:

Plot Area : 2000 sqft (BMRDA approved layout)
Built Up : Ground (For rental) + Duplex (1st + 2nd floo)
Approximate Built up Area : 4000 sqft

Architect Charges + Plan approval charges + Bhoomi Pooja
House Construction : Cement/Steel/Sand/Jelly/Concrete (Whatever is required for building the house structure)
Storage Sump, Borewell charges (1000 sqft depth)
Carpentary and Fixtures : Doors, Windows, Shutters, Hinges, Main door
Tiles & Granite : kitchen platform, floor tiles
Plumbing : All required pipes, etc
Electrical : All electrical switches, wiring, plug points etc
Painting : House as well as doors/windows
Stairs/Railings
Compound Wall
Water (BWSBB), Electricity (KEB) connection charges
WoodWork : WoodWork for storage space, wardrobes (assuming basic furnishing for 7 rooms + 2halls + 2kitchens)
Electrical fitting : Fans, Tubelights, Bulbs (assuming 7 rooms + 2halls + 2kitchens);
Sanitary fittings (assuming total 5-6 bathrooms)
Any other costs

I would be thankful for any inputs.
baruc2003

Post by baruc2003 »

Hi sriram,
one cannot predict these above materials separately.It depends on the number of bathrooms, type of wood (red sal, teak, honne, neem), brand for switches( cona, roma, gm, crabtree, legrand). You may opt for high end plumbing fittings and low end wood like neem or red sal. It all depends on the things you need and contractor will give you a quote according to it. For a decent and economical construction 140000 to 160000 per chadra is sufficient.
Thanks,
Bharath
sk1976

Post by sk1976 »

For a good quality construction with good interiors and elevation, You would need to budget atleast 2000/SFT for all the expenses from the time you engage the architect till you do grahapravesh. Contractor quote of Rs 1500/SFT does not include many things and your total budget will be much higher than this. Make a list of all the work needed and material needed and get a quote/rate from your architect to come to the total budget. And try to stick to the individual budget allocations of various items to meet the total budget. And keep a reserve of additional 10% of total budget to take care expenses like alterations, pricerise and upgrading some items while buying, etc ........

Others, Pls share your experience
girishd

Post by girishd »

Absolutely agree with sk1976's comment.
Few things to add here:
1. When looking for a particular material / labour / contractor do remember that if something is "cheap", its cheap for a reason. You get what you pay for.
2. Don't assume that your friends' wife's cousin brother's neighbour.... will help you save on some material or work. Do your own homework and start trusting your own judgement than other's.
3. Have tremendous amount of patience. After all you have waited all these years to construct this house - might as well wait while your contractor doesn't meet the schedule or labourers don't show up as you expected.
4. Stick to the original plan/budget. There is no end to what you can spend. So spend on right things

Return to “Civil Construction”