Cement pr ice increased by Rs .15 per bag for all brands

mohan.palla

Cement pr ice increased by Rs .15 per bag for all brands

Post by mohan.palla »

Hi,
My Cement supplier told me today that 2 days onwards the cement cost in each brand is increased Rs.15 per bag(Like Birla Super,Coromandal,ACC and BMM etc.).
is it true?Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mohan Palla
mohan_hu

Re: Cement pr ice increased by Rs .15 per bag for all bran

Post by mohan_hu »

Yesterday I Paid 355Rs per bag for Birla super.... :(
kanukaushik

Post by kanukaushik »

How is Zuari / Coramandal cement? I got a reference who can deliver it at price of 315 per bag.
shiprs

Post by shiprs »

i read in one of the websites, that this price increase will not sustain for long time, as the demand is low because of constant rain. my dealer also agrees with this. lets hope it will come down
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

It Can Sustain and chances of reversal is less. Some of my opinion is,

1) In south already we crossed 50% of monsoon season and in the coming days, rainfall trend will not be so much towards the end of the season.

2) Main reason for present price hike is the rupee depreciation and also hikes happening every month in Diesel which is affecting their operation
and logistics cost. Many of these cement manufacturers imports coal from abroad to run their captive power generation units, they have to pay
more for importing due to Rupee value depreciation. 20% rupee has depreciated in the recent month.

3) Government at centre is borrowing some more time/delaying some harsh fiscal measure to exercise. Once the rupee value stabilises(Already coming towards Rs. 60 from the peak level of Rs. 68/Dollar), Central Government is ready to hike the Diesel Price by atleast Rs. 5 more & also the LPG Prices to contain the fiscal Defecit. It is already in news every since the parliament session is over this month. If that comes to reality say in next 1 month, chances of reversing the current cement price hike is a dream.

4) As usual once the monsoon season ends, the construction activity speed will get improved and hence the demand will pick up.

5) Also central Government is taking initiatives to clear all the hurdles to give nod to the infrastructure projects which are on hold since last 1-2 years. If this becomes true, the demand for Steel & Cement obviously improveds.

Return to “Civil Construction”