House construction in 30x40 Site

hegdehn

House construction in 30x40 Site

Post by hegdehn »

Hello,
I recently bought a East facing 30x40 site in Bangalore North ( Near Jakkur ). I am in the process finalising the working plan. My budget for construction is about 50-55 lacs. My requirement is 2 Car parking area ( in the front half parallelly ) and a home office in the ground floor. Duplex House in the First and Second floor ( with say 3 bedrooms ). My Architect has shown me an existing plan with him. The plan is of a split level house plan ( Multi levels on each floor like Living , Dining ,Kitchen etc., in one level where as the bedroom is on about 4-5 steps higher level). I am not sure if split level house though looks good, is really functional . He has planned for G + plus 3 a small servant room in the Ground floor a home office and bathroom in the ground ( at a higher level) . In the first floor living , dining and kitchen in one level and a bedroom and a bathroom at a different level . In Second floor there is family (living ) room, covered sit out and a bedroom and bathroom( at a higher level) . In the 3rd floor there is covered sit out small terrace area and a bedroom and bathroom ( at a higher level).
I request the borders to suggest me if this plan is okay. I do not want to experiment too much with plan/design . The Architect has given his proposal on design and build basis and quoting approx about 52 lacs for a total of 2500 sq feet built up area.

Please provide your valuable inputs.
Thank you in advance.
blrsiteseeker

Re: House construction in 30x40 Site

Post by blrsiteseeker »

post your plan , so that we can give comments. it would be easier to comment on that.
hegdehn

Post by hegdehn »

Hello blrsiteseeker,

Architect has just shown me the plan. As i have not confirmed yet, he has not given me the plan. My confusion is about split levels in the house and wanted to if they are functional.
tech4pk

Post by tech4pk »

my experience suggests not to go for it. I really don't see any functional aspect of it, other than funky style. and if you have small kids/elders, then it would be risky. during my house plan, even my architect had proposed it, but discussing with couple of civil engineering friends and few other house owners, decided to not to go for it.
hegdehn

Post by hegdehn »

Dear tech4pk,
Thank u for your reply. Even i have concerns about the cons. of split level or multilevel houses.
ksvishal

Post by ksvishal »

Dear Mr.Hegde,
I feel that you should not opt for this plan as it may look catchy on the paper whereas in real terms it would be of hindrance for the people whoever stays in. The plan with different levels would be idle for a plot of 2400 sq.ft or more.
Please check with few more builders as well as I feel the pricing is on the higher side. Normally in Bangalore today's price per sq.ft is Rs.1800/- for a premium construction with wood work and it varies from Rs.1600/- to Rs.2250/- per sq.ft.
Incase if you would want to check out with someone else, PM me as I know a company called xxxxxxxxxxxxx in Horamavu and they do excellent turnkey projects.
Regards,
K S Vishal

Vishal you cannot market your self with out sharing your knowledge in this forum.This forum works on "Give and take "policy.Your posts will be moderated.
ADMIN
hegdehn

Post by hegdehn »

Dear forum members,

Can someone suggest me a good contractor /Architect in North Bangalore. I am looking for construction of my home on a 30x 40 East facing site in Jakkur. My requirements are - Home office in the ground floor with 2 Car parks parallely , Duplex house in first and Second floor and a small terrace garden and gym in terrace. I am looking for a premium construction with a budget of around 50 Lakhs (excluding interiors) . Also suggest me - Is it wise to hire Architects who design and build also !.

Thank you in advance
mohanvk

Post by mohanvk »

This is basically a question of trust, Mr Hegde. Generally people avoid using architects on design and build as they themselves would be giving the specs and then quoting for it so there is the chance that integrity is compromised. But generally I have seen architects and engineers who are professional do not charge unfairly. It always helps to have an understanding of the rates and negotiate! You could go for a design package with the architect first on the understanding the same gets offloaded if you go with him for the construction, so that you can compare costs after you freeze on the design.
hegdehn

Post by hegdehn »

Dear Forum members ,

I am attaching the Plan of my 30x40, East facing site for your comments and suggestions please.
Attachments
SF.pdf
Second Floor
(24.84 KiB) Downloaded 1117 times
FF.pdf
First Floor
(26.81 KiB) Downloaded 1181 times
GF.pdf
Ground Floor
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 1420 times
hegdehn