Raintap Popup filter vs Rainy Filter for RWH

kanukaushik

Raintap Popup filter vs Rainy Filter for RWH

Post by kanukaushik »

Hi All,

For RWH System , i came across 2 vendors for filter
1) Raintap popup filter - by KSCST/Raj Group http://kscst.org.in/rwh_files/rwh_filter.html - 4250/-
Raintap Popup filter
Raintap Popup filter
Raintap popup filter.png (34.6 KiB) Viewed 12932 times
2) Rainy filter FL 100 - by http://www.rainyfilters.com/ - 5850/-
Rainy Filter
Rainy Filter
rainy filter.jpg (9.64 KiB) Viewed 12932 times
- Raintap popup does not have drain outlet so we have to open and remove debris manually while Rainy FL has it
- Raintap popup filter uses plastic mesh while Rainy FL uses SS mesh of 250 micron.
- One Raintap Popup filter can handle water from 1000sqft rooftop , so we need to use multiple unit for bigger rooftops but we have different models in Rainy filter for different roof sizes.
- Both are made of Polyethylene

In both of these Flush valve is provide to flush the first flow of the rainwater along with leaves, dust etc.
Please share your thoughts which one is better or any other option available in market

Thanks in advance!!!
Bhushan Gupta
-
Last edited by kanukaushik on October 31st, 2013, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvsh

Re: Raintap Popup filter vs Rainy Filter for RWH

Post by tvsh »

Raintap popup does not have drain outlet so we have to open and remove debris manually while Rainy FL has it
Raintop popup filter, the flush valve also acts as drain outlet. The filter can be removed from the top and washed easily. I am using Raintop Popup filter, maintenance is not an issue with these.
vpbs_bak

Post by vpbs_bak »

Does anyone know the current cost of Rainy Filter FL 200 ? I was told it is 8,500. Plus installation cost (if needed) is 1,500.
Is this right ?
girishd

Post by girishd »

I have one question on the RWH filters.

My roof area is about 2200sft and contractor is telling we need to make two slopes from the center towards two sides to drain rainwater. Can we combine these two into one pipe again and fit a RWH filter or I will need two separate filters? I am planning to make a 20000 litre rain water storage tank where the rain water would be stored.
pgowda

Post by pgowda »

i have rainy filter. it is not effective much. we can get only 20% or 30% water. rest will go in drain. there is no good compnay selling a qaulity rain water filter. all are junk. govt is also not bothereed. they just say save water but where are good filters?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Think of low investment and very effective solutions. Here is an article about an engineer "Ganesh" as a hobby, he installed a cost effective RWH system for his Apartment along with some of the like minded residents at an affordable cost and he is very successful. Now He is giving support to others to install RWH in a similar fashion for their homes and apartments. He can be reached over his mail id ganesh4889@gmail.com.

https://www.thebetterindia.com/236310/bengaluru-water-saving-rwh-system-installation-low-cost-water-tanker-bill-innovation-ros174/
pgowda

Post by pgowda »

all this experiments are fine. but these are not scalable and difficult to implement at individual level. Govt or bbmp should tie up with a company to come up with an affordable and good quality rain water filter and make it easily available to public. the filtered water quality should be of potable quality. not like just filter some big particles and say we have rain water filter.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

It only leads to more corruption. Neither bureaucrats nor Govt thinks about common man or Affordability. All they look is how much they can siphon off for their pocket. Simple example is earlier Solar water heaters were sold in the range of Rs 20,000 to Rs. 30,000 for a 200 Lts capacity. After BESCOM made it mandatory for all new houses, same capacity Solar water heaters are now costing Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000 in market now. This is In spite of falling in copper and steel prices in the market, Solar water heater prices shoot up exorbitantly for no reason, just b'cos it was made mandatory by the Govt. This is how the govt schemes works for a common man.

Same way, as RWH is mandatory now, everybody wants to make their pie. No one cares for you and me.

At the same time, people(we) need to take an initiative and stretch ourselves like Ganesh kind of experiments, rather than pointing or waiting for some one else to feed the solution. Its better we need to go for an affordable solutions through Water Warriors like Ganesh or Masagi or shivakumar than going for a branded one.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

I think these steel mesh RWH filters are not of much use in terms of filtering airborne pollutants which gets dissolved in rain water. Currently we have these mesh filter in our apartment building.

1) Sand filter is most effective.
I am thinking about purchasing a big plastic drum and filling half of it with layers of 20mm stone jelly, 8mm stone jelly and sand to create a filter. Layers can be separated by either geotextile or plastic mosquito mesh. 50% of the drum will be left empty to hold sudden surge of water flow.

2) plumbing work just started in my house. Plan to divert all the roof water is diverted to a single down pipe ( 6' dia) near to the roof a 'Y' joint sill connect to another 3 inch parallel pipe with stop cock at the bottom such that water comes in 3 inch pipe first and once it gets filled it flows through main pipe. This way the first rain water can be flushed to take care of dirty rooftop. The concept is explained here

http://www.nationalpolyindustries.com.au/2018/06/14/what-is-a-rainwater-first-flush-diverter/

Any opinions or suggestions welcome.
SAMPATH S

Post by SAMPATH S »

Dear Rainwater Harvesting enthusiasts – Your search for a most effective, efficient, low-cost and do-it-yourself rainwater harvesting filter for storage ends here – Please refer to the new thread started by me:
http://www.mybdasites.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9369&p=46013#p46013

Return to “Civil Construction”