Little things we forget while planning

krishnakumar

Little things we forget while planning

Post by krishnakumar »

Hi

I wanted some help to list out some things that we tend forget to think of during planning and then spend extra trying to accommodate during the final stage. I am adding a list that I can think of. Request others to add to the topic so that it will help others also in future.

1. Separate sump \ tank for borewell and drinking water (corporation water).
2. Separate lines for solar heater water
3. Nowadays gas cylinders are kept outside or in ground floor with pipes running to all floors.

Please add more things similar to this that you can think of or have already in your homes.
simplycar

Re: Little things we forget while planning

Post by simplycar »

Provision for Rain water harvesting(as per me this is mandatory :) )
Water purifier point in kitchen
Some people have specific space dedicated for washing machine with tap and outlets etc
Provision for power backup
Solar powered lights etc in case you wish to go for it
Chandu

Post by Chandu »

Kitchen - chimney outlet - in wall
Toilet outlet - in plint beam

-if you can afford/convince ur contractor - plan for roof height for 10 feet 6 inch - it looks good.
KVS Setty

Post by KVS Setty »

My two cents,

# plan living hall such that when watching TV or entertaining guests ,there is no disturbance from others.
like ,for example, someone passing in front of TV to enter a bedroom or kitchen .Living hall should be slightly isolated ,it should not be a central place to enter in to various other parts of the house like bedroom,kitchen,bathroom etc.,

# Avoid windows at the back of sofa ,plan ahead. otherwise it will be difficult to operate and maintenance of windows.

# If you are planning for more than two vehicles for parking, think of parallel parking, instead of serial parking. easy to operate and lots of convenience.

# if your staircase is exposed , go for chain stairs rather than waist slab type.
Aesthetically looks very nice.

# Always think of Skylight , as set backs getting reduced nowadays,as cost of land skyrocketing.
# plan ahead for various locations, like, shoe rack ,gas cylinders ,Bescom meter board,Bwssb meter location, Drainage chamber , clothes drying, etc,.

that's it for the time being.
KVS Setty
krishnakumar

Post by krishnakumar »

Thanks for your replies. One more thing to add mosquito net provision for windows.
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

I am planning for a few houses to be given on rent along with one house for myself.I need some help to identify suitable tile , paper or paint that can be provided in the rented house for the walls upto 5 or 7 ft.The reason for this is to avoid painting cost every time the tenant leave the house which will cause conflicts.
sanchitnis

Post by sanchitnis »

On stilt/Ground floor, you are having partial parking and partial residential unit, make sure that the level of the residential unit is at least 6" higher.
sandeepk08

Post by sandeepk08 »

If your plot is small ,u can have understanding with neighbor and avoid compound wall to save space.
https://t.me/pump_upp
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

4. Space for cloth washing.
5. Space for car washing with tap, electrical plug point.
6. Electrical switches should not go inside wardrobe.
7. Sinking of slabs to fit sanitary lines.
8. Leaving hole in the beam for sanitary pipe.
9. Make sure no chajjas where sanitary lines are coming from upper floors.
10. No unnecessary chajjas below balconies.
umeshguru

Post by umeshguru »

If you connect your solar water to Electric geyser then to tap will be good. When the sunlight is low, solar may not give full hot water, so we can switch on the geyser for short time and use hot water.

Return to “Civil Construction”