Akrama Sakrama - Deviation

blrsiteseeker

Re: Akrama Sakrama - Deviation

Post by blrsiteseeker »

isn't leaving space a good thing. You will get more light and air into the house. I don't understand why everyone wants to maximize the use of land - if you want more space, just go up vertically.
shastri.vs

Post by shastri.vs »

Hi,

rkirana, What you are saying is absolutely correct in my opinion. The rules need to be changed.
Agreed that it done for the safety of owners and neighbors but, nowadays, as there is no space to live we need to utilize maximum of available space. If someone constructs a house in a 20X30 site with no deviation, just imagine how much space he would be left with to live.
shastri.vs

Post by shastri.vs »

blrsiteseeker wrote:isn't leaving space a good thing. You will get more light and air into the house. I don't understand why everyone wants to maximize the use of land - if you want more space, just go up vertically.
There is a limit even for upward elevation. It will be akrama if you go beyond that.
manja

Post by manja »

shastri.vs wrote:Hi,

rkirana, What you are saying is absolutely correct in my opinion. The rules need to be changed.
Agreed that it done for the safety of owners and neighbors but, nowadays, as there is no space to live we need to utilize maximum of available space. If someone constructs a house in a 20X30 site with no deviation, just imagine how much space he would be left with to live.
The setback rules are there for a reason. Safety of owners and neighbours is secondary, it is there very much for the light and ventilation of owners and neigbours. Availing sunlight and proper ventilation is ones non negotiable right. Constructing a building without proper setback is a violation of rights of your neigbours.

My personal take on AkSk for building deviation is - the owners should be made to pay a hefty levy/fine every year. This will act a reminder to those who comes late and to discourage anyone trying to violate the rules later again.

Manja.
ujwal

Post by ujwal »

when a neighbour raises his home on compound, this encourages the site owner to also touch his home without leaving setback. obviously there is no point in fighting with neighbour and asking why he has not left setback. neighbour would easily say even you dont leave setback.
Regards,
Ujwal
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

A 20X30 dimension site is meant for (EWS) economically weaker section, who can afford a max 1 BHK house with Sheet or Tiles Roof in normal scenario.
Not for the upper middle class or neo rich who wants to build 3 to 4 floor building on it by violating all the By-laws and insists for change in Bye-Laws.
Please Understand and respect the fundamentals of rules and regulations.

There are many people(Even so called educated) who wants our country to be a Banana Republic just b'cos they are greedy. :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Unless we change, society will not change & India will not change.
Last edited by msn1270 on November 12th, 2014, 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
manja

Post by manja »

ujwal wrote:when a neighbour raises his home on compound, this encourages the site owner to also touch his home without leaving setback. obviously there is no point in fighting with neighbour and asking why he has not left setback. neighbour would easily say even you dont leave setback.
The word in bold should not happen.
So many people rob, murder, violate young girls everyday, does that encourage you to be like them?

Manja.
ujwal

Post by ujwal »

all these byelaws are actually creating corruption problems. Instead allow people to build as you want like in usa. I would say these byelaws are very conservative and dont allow maximum utilization of space & money.

@msn1270 If 20x30site is only for economically weaker section then alloted person should not be allowed to sell that for his life time. A rich guy buys it & builds a three storey house then i dont see any fault in this.

@manja violating byelaws is not as heinous as "rob, murder, violate young girls everyday". don't get angry sir.
Regards,
Ujwal
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

ujwal

Looks like you are very fond of unethical things than following rules & regulations made by the experts for the human safety.
For your kind information, Greediness is the root cause for all violations and corruptions in india whichever domain you select.
Its very unfortunate that you are justifying your greediness with criminal & unethical aspects of the society.

USA & Europe have better rules & regulation for every aspect of civil engineering than India and also very good mechanism
and systems to follow up the same & people are very happy to follow the same and they also know the consequences very
well if they don't follow. In fact India has just copied some of them from British standards.
manja

Post by manja »

ujwal wrote:@manja violating byelaws is not as heinous as "rob, murder, violate young girls everyday". don't get angry sir.
I know violating building byelaws is not as heinous crime as given by me earlier.

But imagine this situation.
I buy a flat built with sticking to all byelaws and without any deviation. I pay a premium because it is no deviation. I will get 1000 sqft flat for 40 lacs. Now you come into the next plot and start your building violating all laws thus restricting my sunlight and ventilation. This violation will be forever. Who loses here?

If my builder violated like you, I would have a got 1500 sqft flat for the same 40 lacs.

In the end for violators like you, I lost money (in the form of smaller size of my flat) as well as sunlight and ventilation. Don't you think I should have a reason to be angry?

Return to “Civil Construction”