quote for review

tara_m

quote for review

Post by tara_m »

Hi Folks
i need help with the quote i gathered from two contractors(item wise) ...could you please let me know if this is in line with the current market ?
how do i tone it down ? Request you to please guide me with your opinion so that i can make informed decision
Thanks in advance
Attachments
comparative statment - Copy.xls
(95 KiB) Downloaded 824 times
venkyn

Re: quote for review

Post by venkyn »

Looks like it is a 24-28 sqrs building becuse 12MT steel. In this quotation, I think if you go with any of the contractor
they can easily drag the prices to 75 -80 L. I think this should be negotiated esp, plumbing and electrictiy.

You should make sure that the contractor give plumbing details and electical details. Plumbing and Electrical things are the one give better look.
Once you are in contract you cannot change it later.

Even if it is 2000/sqft it should come 48 to 55 sqft. which includes geyzers, solart, securuty system? rite?

-Venky
tara_m

Post by tara_m »

Thanks Venkyn ..Truly appreciate the input its just the basic cost with out the frills :?
Guess ill have to tone it down its a little more than my budget .... :cry:
expert inputs solicited
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

Tara
regarding Jaisalmere flooring

Code: Select all

BC 3.1	Providing, laying 20 mm thick Jaisalmer Teak sandstone flooring of approved quality and colour, laid on CM of 1:4, white cement slurry 	 87.0 	sqmt	 3,300.00 	 287,100.00 	 3,350.00 	 291,450.00 	 3,765.00 	 327,555.00 
That translates to 305 and 342/sqft, just share my experience, i am using Jaisalmere Yellow( i observed Yellow cost bit more than Teak), for me for a sqft it is costing (130/sqft for tiles, bought it last week from Marble palace BG road, and 114/sqft for laying cost)

your cost coming to 305/sqft and 340/sqft, but my estimate was given year ago when my project was started but assuming 110/sqft of tile, which is increased 130.but laying cost still same as per approved rate which 114/sqft
tara_m

Post by tara_m »

wow that would translate into more than double the cost ...thanks a ton Raghu for pointing this to me ...dont think i would have seen this by myself :roll: ..groan i think i need to tone this down or may be get some one else who wont rip me off
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

tara_m wrote:wow that would translate into more than double the cost ...thanks a ton Raghu for pointing this to me ...dont think i would have seen this by myself :roll: ..groan i think i need to tone this down or may be get some one else who wont rip me off
pm me mail-id, i will share mine for ref. thing not sure why they have not considered quote in sqft, instead of sqmt
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi,

following are my observations.

1. Plumbing & Electrical will constitute roughly 15% of civil works. quote u got is on a higher side.
2. steel--quoted is HYSD Fe 415 not TMT
3. total area --roughly 30 squares or 3000 sft--12mt steel--almost 4kg/sft. --def a bit on higher side.
4. Sunken slabs--Not used now.

every plan is unique and every person's requirements too. (wooden flooring, marble etc...)

for 30 squares, considering 1.5 lakhs to 2 lakhs per square as construction cost, it shouldn't go beyond 60 lakhs.

regards,
ravindra kumar hg
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

The reason for using sq/cubic mt (not sq/cubic ft) is simply because they want you to not compare the market rates with others.

Too smart contractors.

Can you clearly share with us on how many squares you are building and whats the size of your site and the location that you are building? there are too many things that's worrying me.
tara_m

Post by tara_m »

Thanks Ausraj & Ravi for the inputs ....guess i have opened a pandoras box ...donno whom to trust :? its so freaking scary looks like my dream house is going to be a DREAM Sigh!!!
the plot is @ KR Puram its a 30*50 plot its G + 2 Floors 3 BHK 2700 sqft :(
tara_m

Post by tara_m »

Do you guys know a reliable contractor who would take up projects in KR Puram -white field area ? im looking for an item wise contract
any help towards this would be appreciated ...

Return to “Civil Construction”