Need Suggestions on my 30x45E housing plan

d_sreenath

Need Suggestions on my 30x45E housing plan

Post by d_sreenath »

Dear All,
I am looking forward for your valuable feedback/input on the enclosed initial plan provided by my architect. I would appreciate any other valuable suggestions apart from the below queries I have

1) What is the maximum allowed sq.ft as per BBMP
2) Can I go for GF + Triplex. Third floor ~500sq.ft built up.
3) In GF he is considering the construction area as 1140sq.ft. Is it correct to consider parking area as well. What does BBMP guideline say?
4) Will there be any issues in having one side(in my case Master bedroom) of house touching the plot boundary without any space.
5) Kind of staircase that can help me save space in GF.
6) Can the kitchen in GF be extended toward the Rd? Any vastu implications

Following are my requirements -
1) 2 BHK in GF + 2 car parkings
2) Triplex house above(FF - 1BHK, SF - 2BHK, TF - Gym, Entertainment room, landscape garden area)

Thanks
Sreenath
Attachments
FF
FF
FF.JPG (68.85 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
SF.JPG
SF.JPG (61.86 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
GF
GF
GF.JPG (64.17 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
maheshv

Re: Need Suggestions on my 30x45E housing plan

Post by maheshv »

Hi Sri,
Plan is decent, I am adding my input. keep in mind while planning you will be ambitions and try to have as much space as possible, later during construction you will feel the need to be practical, cost escalation and delay.

GF
you don't need two bathroom in GF floor for 1BHK house, you can reduce living room size, remove one bathroom and instead can have one more bedroom
I do not see Gas bank, store space, electrical meter, UPS space marked in GF, which is import and practical, also in the image, we do not see sump cover location
Avoid bedroom touching boundary wall, anytime neighbors can create problem for you and it might become issue for you if you were ever to sell the house. a small balcony or dressing room touching boundary wall is OK, but not entire bedroom. If your neighbor does the same, you may not like it as it reduces light and ventilation to your house
You may not need GF floor to have complete 10ft height, you can probably get ceiling done at 8.5ft which will reduce no. of steps to FF which you will use most. this reduction will also help you remove the landing you have after 4 steps and get more space in GF floor by making st.case straight, one single stretch with about 12 - 14 steps with no landing

FF
Bedroom door is directly in view of hall, which reduces privacy, you will end up keeping that door closed most of the time
No option for showcase unit, you have only TV unit space. after building such beautiful big house you need showcase to highlight interior of the house
Utility area for kitchen is too small, you shd have space for cleaning vessels, washing machine and drying cloths. In case ppl at home cannot climb 2 - 3 floors to dry cloths everyday, you will end up using this place. also have washing machine close to kitchen makes household work finish faster
Get breakfast counter, unless you have guest, you can use this counter for breakfast, dinner, lunch, this again will reduces work of carrying items from kitchen to dinning table 3 times a day
Looks like you will have one center pillar at the center of the house b/w living and dinning, will it look good? may be you can see if you can fit showcase unit around this area and cover it

SF
If you have work from home option or need office space, having furniture, book shelf, table done in study area and see if it can be closed with door as you might keep imp. items/files there

1) What is the maximum allowed sq.ft as per BBMP
2 ft on both sides and 3 ft fnt and bck shd be left

2) Can I go for GF + Triplex. Third floor ~500sq.ft built up.
bbmp gives approval for G+3

3) In GF he is considering the construction area as 1140sq.ft. Is it correct to consider parking area as well. What does BBMP guideline say?
yes, parking space will be counted for his fee/work and for bbmp

4) Will there be any issues in having one side(in my case Master bedroom) of house touching the plot boundary without any space.
I have covered it above

5) Kind of staircase that can help me save space in GF.
covered it above, get slab st.case, you can convert space below it for storage, no need of chained link st. case as your st.case is inside and not adding to elevation view ( and chained link st.case is expensive)

6) Can the kitchen in GF be extended toward the Rd? Any vastu implications
vastu is about good ventilation, will you achieve it by doing above? + current size of your GF kitchen is good

Following are my requirements -
1) 2 BHK in GF + 2 car parkings
2) Triplex house above(FF - 1BHK, SF - 2BHK, TF - Gym, Entertainment room, landscape garden area)
you will never use TF, may be in initial days of moving to the house due to excitement but not after that, climbing 3 floors is not easy and you will realize it after moving in. while planning you will feel like having everything and making more space.
I have similar setup. GF 2 car park and 1 BHK house, FF and SF are duplex house, we are not even using bedroom in SF floor unless we have guest, rarely go to terrace and we are young family :)
d_sreenath

Re: Need Suggestions on my 30x45E housing plan

Post by d_sreenath »

Thanks Mahesh for your detailed and valuable feedback. Will discuss with my architect.

My architect says I need to get the BBMP plan approval by myself. I don't have any idea on how to start on this. Input on this would be helpful.

Also untill I finalize the plan, will it be a good idea to start exploring contractors/labor contractor. Is it good to go with contractor or labor contract. How much it would cost if I plan to start in construction in another 2 months. Detailed breakup would help to get clear clarity.

Return to “Civil Construction”