Total Laying Cost Breakup for Vitrified Tile and Granite

satya79

Total Laying Cost Breakup for Vitrified Tile and Granite

Post by satya79 »

Hi,

Would any of you be kind to enough explain to me the break up of the "Total Cost of laying a vitrified tile per square feet" using a base price for a tile.

I am basically looking for break of the various cost involved in laying a 1 sq feet of tile not just labour cost. Say for example if i were to lay 1 sq feet of a vitrified tile what would be cost for -

Cost of Cement for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of Fine Sand for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of Brick Blast for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of Coarse Sand for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of White Cement for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of Cement for Base course for per sq ft of laying tile -
Cost of Acid Wash and Polish for per sq ft or laying tile (if required) -
Cost of Labour for per sq ft of laying tile - Rs 15-25 (This i am aware)
Cost of a Vitrified tile per sq ft - Rs 60-90 (As per current market rates)

Similarly i would like to know the cost break of laying 1 sq ft of Granite.

I would be really thankful to you all if you can help me figure out this cost break up. Going by the knowledge i have so far, there is more to the cost involved in laying a tile than just tile cost and labour cost. I would like to understand the cost of other work involved.

Regards,
Ravi
blorebuddy

Re: Total Laying Cost Breakup for Vitrified Tile and Granite

Post by blorebuddy »

I got a quote something like below for a Sq. Ft.
Laying tiles
1) Labour 18 Rs.
2) Morter 15 Rs.
Total 33 Rs. per Sqft

Granite Laying cost
1) Labour 32 Rs.
2) Morter 15 Rs.
3) Whitecement (Birla) 6 Rs.
Total of 53 Rs. per Sqft
satya79

Post by satya79 »

Thanks for replying to the post.

I am wondering if that is all the cost that is involved in the laying the tiles or granite. I keep hearing that most contractors when they quote the price for laying tiles, they mention just the labour cost, tile cost and basic mortar charges. There are other cost involved that they generally avoid mentioning in order to sound competitive and get the contract. Once the contract is in hand and have started their work they start charging for the other costs which were not mentioned and start swindling money.

I do not want to sound pessimestic but i want to clarify thing before being taken for a ride. If tile cost, labor cost and mortar cost is all that is involved then calculations are easier and it would make me a happy man :) .
blorebuddy

Post by blorebuddy »

Thats all we have agreed with our contractor and it is done. During laying they have asked etc for nosing of granite which will be used for skirting which we have done only in the hall area.
satya79

Post by satya79 »

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

Would it be possible to share your contractor's phone number.
satya79

Post by satya79 »

I have been give a quote of Rs 110 Per Sqft for laying 2 ft x 2 ft vitrified tile (Tile price not included). Following is the work listed as part of the price -

Providing and laying to pattern, 10mm Thick Vitrified tile of 600x600mm size, approved shade, pattern with 20-40mm thick cement mortar bed of 1:4 mix including pointing with matching color pigment cement, acid washing and complete

I wanted to check if this a fair price quoted for the work given that tile is being provided by us.
krishnakumar

Post by krishnakumar »

Editing my post after reading your other post where you said other material are included : Since this is with other materials included I am not sure. :?

Before edit :
Is it 110 per square or 110 per sq ft. I do not know much about this but I read somewhere labour is about 10-25 per sq ft for tiles. Also tile cost itself is about 50-70 per sq ft so labour becomes double of tile cost in this case?
satya79

Post by satya79 »

It is Rs. 110 Per Square Feet. Note this price doesn't include the Tile cost, that is separate. The cost provided includes Labour and the rest of the material required for Tile Laying (Sand, Cement, White Cement, Color Pigment etc).

Below is the what the description of the work that has been mentioned in the quote -

"Providing and laying to pattern, 10mm Thick Vitrified tile of 600x600mm size, approved shade, pattern with 20-40mm thick cement mortar bed of 1:4 mix including pointing with matching color pigment cement, acid washing and complete "
nagzzz

Post by nagzzz »

this is probably inclusive of Vitrified tiles. else, it sounds just too expensive. Even marble laying doesn't cost as much for the labour.
santro

Post by santro »

satya79 wrote:It is Rs. 110 Per Square Feet. Note this price doesn't include the Tile cost, that is separate. The cost provided includes Labour and the rest of the material required for Tile Laying (Sand, Cement, White Cement, Color Pigment etc).

Below is the what the description of the work that has been mentioned in the quote -

"Providing and laying to pattern, 10mm Thick Vitrified tile of 600x600mm size, approved shade, pattern with 20-40mm thick cement mortar bed of 1:4 mix including pointing with matching color pigment cement, acid washing and complete "
Satya,

It should be inclusive of tiles cost, check they would have mentioned the basic cost of tiles.
"Providing and laying to pattern, 10mm Thick Vitrified tile of 600x600mm size. Providing means inclusive of tiles cost.

Return to “Civil Construction”