scaffolding for UPVC

pribaaji

scaffolding for UPVC

Post by pribaaji »

hello everybody,

We have decided to fix UPVC windows for our house and got to know that the scaffolding needs to be provided by us since the grill is inside and upvc on the outside.We spoke to our mason about the same and he quoted 50,000 for the work.He has all the bamboo at the site.We were shocked and wanted some information from the experienced members on the same:-

> what kind of scaffolding would be required for upvc windows
> can we get this scaffolding done from outside and if so what would be the cost.
> if anybody has any contacts kindly provide.

My site is on sarjapur road near wipro office.Kindly provide your valuable feedbacks.

regards,
Balaji.
blrsiteseeker

Re: scaffolding for UPVC

Post by blrsiteseeker »

Yes, we have to provide scaffolding. I can't tell you the price though, since ours was done 2.5 years back (I am sure things have changed, besides, that was part of the deal with our contractor, so I don't have a separate breakdown of it).

Who is your UPVC maker - and approximately how much did it cost (If I may ask)?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

we have narrowed down to dimex and its coming around 525-550/sqft.
vmuralictr

Post by vmuralictr »

You can contact Mr Narendra Reddy (9590982345). He has taken turnkey job from our company . I think he can do it

Regards

Murali
pomski

Post by pomski »

Hi pribaaji,

The rate includes accessories like mosquito net as well? Also what kind of shutters you have asked for? I mean whether it is sliding or casement type? And did you ask for white or different color?

Regards,
Praveen
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi murali, What does a turnkey job mean?

praveen, yes it does include mosquito net, sliding type and white color.
vmuralictr

Post by vmuralictr »

Turney Job Means Taking all the related Jobs as one Package . Have u arranged scfolding ? Did ur work started?
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

hi murali ,We still have time for ordering and fixing UPVC.Currently we are exploring the options available for scaffolding.
girishd

Post by girishd »

Balaji,

I bought 250 poles for scaffolding last year for 47k. So 50k for your job is definitely expensive.

If mason has the poles with him, you can pay labour rate to him and get the job done. The UPVC window fixing can happen one side first day and move the same poles to the other side next day.

Also, it should not cost that much as you need to do scaffolding at only locations where windows have to be fixed - i mean the scaffolding doesn't need to be as extensive as the one needed for plastering or painting.
pribaaji

Post by pribaaji »

thank you for inputs girishd.we asked the mason for the labour cost itself and he is quoting 50k...could we get labourers from outside and use the existing material and do the job?just trying to understand different ways to get the scaffolding done.

Return to “Civil Construction”