Carpenter rates

npattipati

Carpenter rates

Post by npattipati »

Hi

I am negotiating with couple of carpenters for door, window and other wood works. What are the current market rates?

Could you please post details?

Thank you
Last edited by npattipati on August 18th, 2014, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mudude12

Re: Carpentor rates

Post by mudude12 »

I am starting carpenter work today. Door fitting - 700 each, frame type wardrobe with one side lamination - 100, box type wardrobe with both side lamination 170. I am getting the kitchen work done first and thinking of buying ready made wardrobes for bedroom. The only person am not glad to see at the construction site is the carpenter, expensive and time consuming.
npattipati

Re: Carpenter rates

Post by npattipati »

Hi

Thanks for your response.

I am looking for carpenter who does full work - wood work and interiors.

I met a carpenter recently, who is quoting Rs. 175 per Sq. ft. This is for both frame and shutter for doors, windows, ventilators etc. For example, for standard door size of 3' x 7', for frame and shutter he is charging 3 x 7 x 175 = Rs. 3675. Similarly, if there is a window 4' x 6', is charges 4 x 6 x 175 = Rs. 4200.

I felt these rates are very high. Could someone please comment?

If anyone has a item wise rates for carpentry, could you please share?

Thank you
npattipati
Last edited by npattipati on August 18th, 2014, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
girishd

Re: Carpentor rates

Post by girishd »

@mudude12,

Yes - carpenter raters are definitely going to take away a decent part of labour budget but he does work on some of highlight elements in the house - doors, wardrobes...

@npattipati,

I think 170 persft is pretty decent. I am paying 250sft for regular windows and 325 for corner windows. Of course my carpenter is extremely good and has done very nice job in few houses I checked out. He even came with me to buy Teak wood from Shimoga. We had to stay there three days to get sawing and plaining done.
npattipati

Post by npattipati »

@Girishd

Thank you. The carpenter I am talking has done decent job at couple of locations I visited. He has done a very big building with all teak in near by area where wood requirement was close to 900 cft.

I would like to get some personal advise from you. Could you please message me your number @97406 56807.

Thank you
npattipati
otymuthiah

Post by otymuthiah »

Hi All

How the carpentry charges are charged for example i am having a door size 7x3 - I need to make only the frame because I am planning to buy the ready made doors for bathroom and Bedroom - Then how the carpenter will charge for making the frames and fitting the doors with the hinges and locks

Thanks

Return to “Civil Construction”