Bricks for construction

msananthu

Bricks for construction

Post by msananthu »

Hi All,

I would want to use bricks for construction of my house and as always in civil field, options are many

1. Should I use red bricks or wire cut bricks.
2. Anybody using red bricks as of now or used in the very immediate past ? What is the price/pc ? Vendor information
3. Anybody using Wire cut bricks ? Price/pc ? Vendor information
4. Heard there are 2nd grade wire cut bricks which is good as well, any information with vendor details much helpful

Saw one house construction with wire cut bricks which is being got in from Kolar and would cost 8.5/pc and one more wire cut brick which is got in from Hosur at 6.5/pc. I do not have vendor details though. The writer of that building only gave this much information.
msananthu

Re: Bricks for construction

Post by msananthu »

No member using bricks as of now for house construction ?
Pooja

Post by Pooja »

Hi,
We are using normal red bricks. One piece is costing Rs 5.50 ( five rupees 50 paise). I hope others can give more details on wire cut bricks.
Check www.btiles.com (Bangalore tile company). The prices they quote are really expensive. If you check some companies from Malur side(Kolar) they have reasonable rates.
Try checking indiamart.com. You can find lot more info on vendors.
I think not all construction worker can do great job when it comes to wire cut bricks. You need good team of skilled workers to work on wire cut bricks.

Are you going to expose the wire cut bricks? ( without plastering).
I hope you will find more info.

Thanks
Pooja
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

We are using "srinsagar chamber bricks" from Anekal it is costing us Rs6.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Msanthyu,

Cons:
If you are using red bricks then I see there are more wastage in red bricks when compared to solid bricks. The red brick is easy to break and consumes
more labour, sand, cement however it has other advantages that you will be aware of.

Regards,
Venky
girishd

Post by girishd »

Pooja,

Can you please post the contact of your brick vendor?
ramki067

Post by ramki067 »

venkyn wrote:We are using "srinsagar chamber bricks" from Anekal it is costing us Rs6.
HI Venkyn,

Could you me the address and contact number of the bricks you are using? This will help us a great deal in our house construction.
If possible can you post some pics of the bricks?

Thanks,
Ramki
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Hi Pooja

Thanks for the Info. Indeed BT is very expensive. The problem with indaimart is there are many vendors but for us to get a first hand experience of people who used it is difficult. The best information would be from members who would be using it at this current juncture.

Hi Venkyn

It would be real good if you can post the vendor details from whom you are getting the chamber bricks. Is this the same wire cut brick whose surface is smooth ? any pics would be really helpful. Is this brick also proper 9" in length. I saw one wire cut brick which measures 8.3/4"
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Two things, i brought the third load from the known person and this time though the brick is of high quality but the leveling of brick is not done properly. I am not happy about it.
If you closely see the left and the right side of the brick they should be cut exactly at 90 degrees to get a perfect straight line. This will need proper packing with concrete mortar.

Trying to get owner information.

Check out
http://www.ssbbricks.com/

I contacted one more person who was active on myBDAsites.com.
Mr Murthy -
09843196579/9487478852

Regards ,
Venky
Attachments
bda3_ssb_brick.jpg
girishd

Post by girishd »

Venky,

Thanks for posting the contact.

I have seen that SCB and SVB bricks have better finish than SSB bricks you posted. But in my opinion rather than the finish the strength is more important since you are going to get it plastered anyway.

My contractor got some bricks for swimming pool construction from a vendor who has factory about 200 Kms from bangalore - 9 rupees including transport. They are pretty solid ones. No name embossed on it but has fluted grooves on all sides. Such bricks would be needed only for large sump tank, pool, chambers.. For regular walls we don't need very expensive bricks. The weight of bricks adds to more steel requirement in beams and columns.

Return to “Civil Construction”