Inputs on Solar water heater

magblr

Inputs on Solar water heater

Post by magblr »

Hello All,

Been busy with construction and have not been here for quiet a while. I have reached a stage on deciding solar water heaters.

1) We are 6 people 4 adults and 2 kids.
2) 3 bathrooms with geysers fitted already.
My questions here are
1)How many liters on solar is required for us?
2) Should I go for tube or the regular normal cell(glass type)
3)Which are the good brands available in the market and can you rate those based on the user experience and customer support.

A known person suggested me Tata power solar Zing solar water heater 200lts as good one and promised to get @ 53000/- all inclusive is it a fair deal. As most of us know at the fag end of project we all have budget constraints is there any other cheaper options with good quality.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
magblr
blrguy

Re: Inputs on Solar water heater

Post by blrguy »

200L is good.. check EmmVee solar as well as they r good. we have one since last 5 yrs now n no issues. On the price front, 53k appears to be on a higher side for a flat plate model. I would suggest you not to go for the tube model due to inherent risks involved & vaccum loss issues. Not sure what is the status of subsidy nowadays. Pl check.
girishd

Post by girishd »

Actually Government has removed the Solar subsidy sometime this year. So all solar water heaters have become expensive.

Anyone knows a vendor or the current price of Bosch solar heater?
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

you can have a look at the Orb Energy Brand, they mainly export their products to European region and recently started showing visibility into indian Market also.
They have wide range of solution in water heater to lighting for domestic, commercial and industrial domain.

http://orbenergy.com/
viksat82

Post by viksat82 »

Is really Solar heater Worth investing? Since investment cost is high where we can pay electricity bill for 17 years
Assuming 1 lakh is investment vs paying INR 500 pm towards hot water for a family of 4. Can somebody justify?
anandprakash100

Post by anandprakash100 »

Now a days, 200 lts heater will cost you 20-25 k. If have left the suitable provision for plumbing, you don't have to do much in connection. It will pay back in 5 years
sudheerkeshav

Post by sudheerkeshav »

I have 2 solar heaters from Supreme Solar , which are EVT (Tube Type). The efficiency of the flat plate collector drops with respect to the water quality and deposits over the years. hence my recommendation is to go with the Tube type solar.
For your requirement 200 L will be sufficient , but in case you feel the need for more , you can have 2 connections , 1 100 L and 1 200 Lt solar.

Return to “Civil Construction”