Construction of G+3 In 30X40 North Facing Site

thanga932

Construction of G+3 In 30X40 North Facing Site

Post by thanga932 »

Hi, friends, I joined this forum recently, after observing it for more than a year. It gave me lot of insight into house building. After deciding to go ahead with G+3,in a 30x40 north facing site at Nagarbhavi, one of my friend cum contractor came forward to execute it for a reasonable rate for material contract about which i will tell u in future posts. As the site is in Nagarbhavi, went ahead with bore well digging through Royal bore well, which is in Nagarbhavi on 30th October. The geologist and water diviner with coconut, identified a point each near the northeast corner of the sight. Both identified a point each, with 3 feet difference from each other. I was in a fix, as which one to go for.Took a bold decision and went on to dig in center of their points. Got a first source at 45 feet and further sources at 240, and 460 feet. total yield was about 3 inch, and the bore well fellow said, he can"t drill any more and the water pressure is too much. so finally we had to stop at 500 feet. with 44 feet of MS pipe and 22 feet of PVC pipe for 500 feet of 6.5 inch bore well drilling, it cost Rs 64000/- Got a temporary electricity connection through an electrical contractor, who happened to be a friend again, 1KW,28 days, for Rs 7000/- Now the bore well is running, the excavation for the columns are done. I will keep posting the developments of construction and request members to give their valuable suggestions.
Last edited by thanga932 on December 26th, 2014, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech4pk

Re: Construction of G+3 In 30X40 North Facing Site

Post by tech4pk »

Great start and I wish you all the good luck.
Please post the updates so that others can benefit.
thanga932

Post by thanga932 »

Bar bending work for footing and columns are on. pcc is done in the footing and cured for more than 10 days.

The basic plan is,

Ground floor- 1BHK + parking
First floor -2 BHK for self
Second floor- 2 BHK+ 1 BHK for rent
Third floor- 2 BHK+ 1 BHK for rent

Confused whether to go for UPVC or wooden windows.
Friends can give their valuable suggestions, please.
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

If you make the wooden windows yourself hiring a carpenter with tight control over expenses for raw material and for a painted window option (with Sal @ 1100 and Honne@ 2200 Cft) it will cost you any where between 580 and 630 Per Sqft. (This includes Timber,Planing,ThattuDesign,Beading,Glass,Painting,Steel Rods,Grill enamel,Transport,Carpenter Labour ,Fittings,Fevicol,nails and other consumables) .
If you go for 2nd Quality Teak @ 2400 \ Cft and Polish, Cost of Wooden windows will be above Rs 1000 \ Sqft.
UPVC manufacturers are smart, they price it also the same per Sqft.
Wooden windows adds value to your construction \ rent and its robust ,safe and time tested and long lasting. However, if you are looking for a quick and least involvement in construction UPVC or steel is a better option.
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

If you make the wooden windows yourself in site hiring a carpenter with tight control over expenses for raw material and for a painted window (with Sal @ 1100 and Honne@ 2200 Cft) it will cost you any where between 580 and 630 Per Sqft. (This includes Timber,Planing,Rebate\Design,Beading,Glass,Painting,Steel Rods,Grill enamel,Transport,Carpenter Labour ,Fittings,Fevicol,nails,Clamps and other consumables) .
If you go for 2nd Quality Teak @ 2500 \ Cft and Polish, Cost of Wooden windows will be above Rs 1000 \ Sqft.
UPVC manufacturers are smart, they price it also the same per Sqft.
Wooden windows adds value to your construction \ rent and its robust ,safe and time tested and long lasting. However, if you are looking for a quick and least involvement in construction UPVC or steel is a better option.
thanga932

Post by thanga932 »

Thanks Nivas, for ur valuable suggestion, Meanwhile, no work is happening in the site, because, my agent, says the AE will visit the site for inspection before considering giving building plan approval. so waiting for the approval process to get over, 20,000/ rupees of bribe is already given for stilt+g+first and second floors. (including drawings and preparation of file) now, only DD is to be aken by me. after the inspection they will tell the DD amount.
thanga932

Post by thanga932 »

The site inspection is over, we have put footing concrete , the pedestal pillars are coming up. I have some photos of the footings, and not know how to upload them, if anyone can help?
Meanwhile the DD amounts are given,
1. BBMP Commissioner- 14,500/-
2. BBMP Commissioner- 20,000/
3.BBMP Commissioner- 300/-
4. workers welfare- 43,700/

Total - 78,500/-
-

Now, how much should be the plinth level from the road? It is a north facing site, and the road is having slope of at least two feet from east to west end. If i have a plinth level of 2 feet n the east side, where i am planning to have entrance to the house, it will be four feet height plinth at the west end of the house, anyhow, there is only compound wall in the west side.. so,friends, kindly suggest me how much, i should keep the plinth level? considering the road slope of two feet from east to west.
shivupda

Post by shivupda »

Wish you all the Good luck.
sanchitnis

Post by sanchitnis »

Hi Thanga,

Here is my 2 cents opinion, but architect will of course guide you better.

You have two options:
1. Uniform level for all rooms/parking. In this case, 2 feet is minimum level. This is because, our raod laying technology increases level of roads by 6 inches once in 2-4 years when road is laid.
2. Different levels: If you have parking on North west, then you can have parking level at 2 feet and the rooms at the back at 4 feet height.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Thanga,

All the very best for your construction. Since your site is in Nagarbhavi you will have access to Materials source at cheaper rate when compare to others.

Regarding the plinth, since yours is north side plot 1-1.5 feet could be big enough for car parking, greater the angle of the slope you will have issues in future for
car parking and entering into house. I think you should go for step level for your plot, on the south side increase the plinth and east side keep it near to 0.5 to 1 feet from the
road level. Also, by keeping it lower you will have easy access to cauvery water, sanatry.

Also, design of the building should be in such a way that the Maintenance activity of such pipes should not hamper physical structure of the building.

Regards,
Venky

Return to “Civil Construction”