Gang saw granite slabs

girishd

Gang saw granite slabs

Post by girishd »

I had been to Krishnagiri and Hosur yesterday to have a look at granite slabs.

Here is are two things I found out:
1. Slaller size slabs are cut in smaller factories which are pretty much everywhere. What is interesting is several factories started with quotes of 110 to 80 for almost the same material. Eventually a trusted contact took me to one factory where the rates were 65-70. With transport/tax it would cost 75-80 in Bangalore. The same would be quoted in Jigani for around 95-110

2. Gang saw slabs are cut in big factories with massive machines. Generally these are 100% Eou and we can't walk into them without having a trusted local contact. I happened to get one contact and entered a factory. They make slabs which are pretty good and everything is only exported. Saw couple of shades in the 200-250 per sft range. The two shades I liked are Colonial white and Moon/Jasmine white.

Has anyone looked for Gangsaw slabs and found other places? I am looking for buying from factory directly as it would not involve any showroom guy's cut.
gopikrishnamr

Re: Gang saw granite slabs

Post by gopikrishnamr »

Hi Girish

am also looking for granite, please share the contact details of granite factory in krishnagiri and hosur

regards
Gopikrishna
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Girish

I am also R&Ding on the Granite prices in & around blore and saw that in Jigani prices varied from 80-160/sqft and in bigger showrooms like Vishnu Granite in Kanakapura main road they started pricey at Rs.200/sqft and above till Rs5000/sqft. In Jigani they also use the kerosene cutting technique which makes the cutting not accurate.

What type of granite is the one you saw in Hosur for 65-70 range ? Is the gangsaw slabs you saw again in Hosur & krishnagiri ?
guru_aks

Post by guru_aks »

Hi Girish,
I am also looking for granite and planning to visit Krishnagiri on 25th december, would you please share factory or shop details?
Thanks in advance.
girishd

Post by girishd »

Folks,

The contact I have doesn't want his number to be publicly shared. So please PM me and I will send the number. Just couple of points to consider in the interest of his time/effort:

1. If you are interested in smaller slabs like 3x8 or 3x10 kind of sizes - better checkout all the places you want first and keep this contact as the final destination to check. He will probably give the best quality/price and you can get convinced (or otherwise) only when you have seen Granite at other places.

2. If you are really serious about buying Gang saw slabs, ONLY then tell him to show Gang saw slabs. He has to take you to 100% Eou (Export oriented units) factories where they don't entertain people just coming and seeing how the slabs look. In fact these factories don't even allow just walking into them and having a look. BTW, there is nothing below 200 Rs/sft in gang saw slabs that he showed me. So if your budget allows such spend, definitely contact him.

3. I have no connection to him other than being his client. So it doesn't matter to me if you buy through him or not. But be considerate of his time/effort.
pv_prasanna

Post by pv_prasanna »

Hi Girish, Can you please SMS the number of your contact. My number is 9620312529

Return to “Civil Construction”