Electric pole issue near the site

chandra1635

Electric pole issue near the site

Post by chandra1635 »

Hi Friends,

My site is 30x40 in AECS layout, Kudlu gate, Bangalore. Its BDA approved layout.
The road attached to the site has the Electric pole, where it is inside the parallel premises of the site.( Pls see below pic)
I asked the Govt Electrician belongs to that area. He is asking 11K rupees to shift the pole and put exactly between the 2 sites and he said, in that 11K will insert the protecting pipes for the necked electric wires.

pls see the below pic, where * is the electric pole in the road and 30X40 site is shown below.

............ *......Road.
|______30_____ |
| ..................|
|...................|
|...................|
|______________|

Any help on this ? can we do it without spending 11K ? Its all fault by BESCOM. that they have to put the pole in between the 2 sites exactly.

any replies on this will be appreciated .

Best Regards,
Chandra
ardesarchitects

Re: Electric pole issue near the site

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Chandra,
If you have enough time to wait ,you can raise a request with photos attached to bescom directly.Once you take the office route, the same electrician has to work on it and he might demand more or less as tips even at that time.
Its better you approach Bescom directly and understand the specific methodology and any charges for the same ,before you confirm with the electrician.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

I have the same type of issue but with BSNL pole. It's in a position exactly in front of the proposed gate. How to overcome this issue.

Regards
Anantha
chandra1635

Post by chandra1635 »

Hi Praveen sir,

Thanks a lot for this quick reply& kind support.
I will visit BESCOM and take official route for such an issue then.
Will update here soon.

Thanks
Chandra
chandra1635

Post by chandra1635 »

Hi Praveen Sir and et all,

I went to the BESCOM. I met AWE: Mr. Subhas in Kudlugate bescom. He gave me one contractor name( Manjunath). He came and quoted 15K. at the max he can do it for 14K.
I really dont know what to do.. why are they asking me like this ? They first ask where r u working ??
why contractors involved in this ? why BESCOM does not have any fasilty for this kind of issues ? lave about that.. Any other suggestions Please?

Best Regards,
Chandra
chandra1635

Post by chandra1635 »

Hi Praveen Sir and et all,

I went to the BESCOM. I met AWE: Mr. Subhas in Kudlugate bescom. He gave me one contractor name( Manjunath). He came and quoted 15K. at the max he can do it for 14K.
I really dont know what to do.. why are they asking me like this ? They first ask where r u working ??
why contractors involved in this ? why BESCOM does not have any fasilty for this kind of issues ? lave about that.. Any other suggestions Please?

Best Regards,
Chandra
mudude12

Post by mudude12 »

Hi,

Bescom top management is very professional and have changed a lot in recent years. Reach out to them in facebook or through customer care. First submit a request letter in the local office mentioning the inconvenience and wait for sometime. Then escalate as much as possible. Dont pay anything other than small tips. I had a similar experience while shifting a deteriorated pole from inside my site in whitefield. My construction was already in progress and because of the urgency i did bribe them 3-4k.

regards.
sun

Post by sun »

First thing first..I had similar issues where electric pole was inside the rain water drinage and it was getting blocked. Contacted many people but didnt work. Finally someone told me about this, call 1912, its 24/7 BESCOM helpline. Raise a complaint there. They will take u r cell # and other details, and give you a case#. Now this AE is bound to a SLA. Comes under RTI n all that. If its fault of the BESCOM to put the pole there, they got to remove it.

No harm in trying! Keep us posted.
chandra1635

Post by chandra1635 »

My experience is I raised case, They closed it, as resolved. Finally paid 10K as bribe, the guy came and did this within 25 Minutes, with buldozer help.
He digged a hole, one day advance. and he did place the old pole with the help of Bulldozer in the early morning. NO CASE!! NO BODY knew!! He did it with huge BRIBE!! God save India!!
The OFFICER is supporting them...
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

If you have enough time and want to go in ethical manner,
First apply through an RTI, and ask the possible solution for this problem.
Later follow the same procedure.

Else you pay bribe and get it done. Unless you know, any officer at higher level or political power,
nothing works without giving bribe.
Last edited by msn1270 on May 9th, 2016, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Civil Construction”