Shortage of TamilNadu Sand

venkyn

Shortage of TamilNadu Sand

Post by venkyn »

There is been dip in supplies of TN sand coming from Trichy Stockyard and Quarries. The Attibelie looks empty with no sand lorries. Some Sand Agent told me that
this will be sorted out by Wednesday.

Regards,
rrprakash

Re: Shortage of TamilNadu Sand

Post by rrprakash »

@ Venkyn,

I am also planning to construct house in JP Nagar with Labour contract with consultancy from Architect.

Can you inform, how you are buying major construction items like, cement, steel, sand and bricks.

Regarding sand, from where you are sourcing the same? How is the quality and cost? can you PM your Supplier details

Regds
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Hi Prakash,

Steel, Cement Go with the dealer who is near to your site or try Material tree [ Bargain for the competitive price ].

Rbicks - Go with SSB Bricks. Only once it was not good, otherwise entire building is on SSB load. It costed me Rs6.1, more interior from NICE road, it will get costlier.
I recommend the bricks because of its quality.

Sand - Here is the process but little tricky. If Atebele is near to your site do visit you will find sand lorries [ Currently due to legal issues in TN there are no lorries]
- The Sand Lorries will be stopped near the Atebele Toll gate and some near the TVS industires on the way to Anekal-Attebele road.
- There are five types of sand load as i know, Shifting Load, direct load, savari load, filter sand, Manfactured sand.

Direct load - You will see it either TN or KA load, TN sand is more brown and KA more whitish load. Harihara load seems to be the costliest load.
Shifting Load - Local sand is mixed with Good quality sand.
Savari Load - Usually Ramanagara sand, Holenarispura , Sakaleshpura sand is available at bangalore. Check Kanakapura road.
Filter sand - Very difficult to recognize for the first time. You will get to know once you see two or three loads.
Manfactured load - No need of explanation.
Some people also build houses with Jelli powder.

Hope info will be useful.

Happy construction, have patience with Labour contractor. Usually Labouror contractor needs more followup then others.

Venky
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

Thanks for the clarifications.

Can you indicate approx. cost of TN Sand, KA Sand and Harihara sand for 10 wheeler truck and how much CFT we may get per load?

Regards

Prakash
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

TN Sand - Mysore road - 34 - 36K - 480 - 500 Cft.
KA Sand 6 Wheeler - Rs 21 - Rs 25K. - [ Depends on vechicle usually i get 380Cft]
HariHara Sand - 10 Wheele - Rs 50K - Never took . - Comes around 700Cft.

Go for Bharath Benz, Tata Prima Vechicles as measurement of the sand becomes easier because fixed tub/container.

MyBdasites member Mr Velumuragan can be contacted for TN sand. [ I don't know if he has changed his mind to deliver sand to Individuals ]

Regards,
Venky
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

Thanks a lot. Your feed back is highly appreciated.

I have one more query regarding quality of bricks.

You have mentioned, one lot of SSB brick quality was not good. Normally how many bricks are supplied in one lot? How you have handled the situation. Weather this lot was rejected and sent back or accepted by giving warning regarding next lot.

What precaution we can take regarding the quality of bricks to avoid such type of situations.

Regards

Prakash
Balu

Post by Balu »

Hi,

I am looking to purchase one 6 wheeler sand for moulding, my regular sand supplier is quoting high price says it is due to lorry strike.

don't know if this is the geniune reason for price hike, did anyone face same situation.
and201986

Post by and201986 »

Hi,
Its same situation allover. They are quoting 95/cft
Nivas

Post by Nivas »

The ktaka govt want the sand to be sold bagged 50kg priced at 150 which could be the cost per cft, hence sand mafia is protesting.
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

I think everybody is facing the heat of TN strike and KA Attebele issue. Last sunday, I paid 25K for a 6 wheeler for Lintle and plasting work and my genuine supplier has increased the rates from 35K to 42K for 10 Wheeler due to legal issues prevailing , the sand was from sakalespur.

If anybody wants to buy the sand directly from the govt, here is the link.

Sand for Citizens direct from the Govt.
http://www.intellyserve.in/has/?page_id=43
[ Never took, never had time. If anybody has experience do let the forum know.

Read the link for rise in rates.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/t ... 889356.ece

Regards,
Venky

Return to “Civil Construction”