OC Requirement

sahu.mgse

OC Requirement

Post by sahu.mgse »

Dear member;
My electrical contractor is telling for permanent electric connection you need to get OC (occupancy certificate) from BBMP for building. He is telling this rule has come recently. Any one has any idea about. Is it true?

Sahu
rrprakash

Re: OC Requirement

Post by rrprakash »

@ sahu

Could you arrange for permanent Electrical connection or any update on getting OC from BBMP?

Regards
sahu.mgse

Post by sahu.mgse »

dear prakash;

I have applied through contractor and he is keep telling the requirement of OC. I have not taken any action till now.

sahu
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

Dear sahu,

As per my understanding, OC is required only for bigger constructions.

Please keep the forum updated as it will be helpful for many of us.

Regards
msananthu

Post by msananthu »

Currently this requirement is only for high risers or Apartments and not for individual houses yet. If they are insisting on OC means they are trying to get money from you.
Mahanu

Post by Mahanu »

As far as I know, OC is for commercial buildings. For residential buildings, one needs to obtain the Completion Certificate(CC).
Once the construction is complete, you need to apply to BDA/BBMP for CC. They will come for inspection once and then issue a CC if everything is as per sanctioned plan.
(the complexity/simplicity of this activity differs case to case basis)

Regards,
Mahantesh
bamshetty

Post by bamshetty »

OC i now required for any residential building with more than 2 houses, this rule came into effect 2 months ago.
manja

Post by manja »

For residential building, Occupancy Certificate (OC) is a must if it has more than 5 units.
Completion Certificate (CC) is a form to be filled by a registered architect certifying that the building has been built as per plan and rules. This CC then needs to be submitted along with the OC application form to BBMP, to obtain OC.
kbvs

Post by kbvs »

Dear Sahu

Couple of days back, i just happen to speak to an BESCOM Assistant Engineer, Jayanagar. When i checked with him on the OC, he said.
- it is required if the building is above 3 floors
- large size construction

Regards, Karthick
mrsee

Post by mrsee »

yeah that's right

Return to “Civil Construction”