Plumbing help - Flush valve or concealed cistern

Simran

Plumbing help - Flush valve or concealed cistern

Post by Simran »

Hi,
I need to choose flush options for jaquar wall mounting WC - O111.

Option 1:

Jaquar flush valve FLV -1085 or FLV-1089. I feel 1085 needs a very strong push and it will be difficult for kids to flush. Is this the same for all flush valves or only 1085?
Since no tank required, this will be cheaper than option 2

Option 2:

Jaquar concealed cistern CIB -WHT-31801011xw. With tank and flush plate, cost will be at least 60% more compared to option 1.

Can any one guide me to choose from these options based on the advantages/ disadvantages?

thanks,
girishd

Re: Plumbing help - Flush valve or concealed cistern

Post by girishd »

We have gone with concealed tank in all bathrooms.

If flush valve is used, I believe a separate 1.5inch pipe needs to be run all the way from top for this. So more plumbling lines.

Costwise concealed tank will be higher but you can look at Gebrit Kombifix Alpha which we bought for about 7.5k or so. Need to check bill as the purchase was done back in Nov 14
Simran

Post by Simran »

Thanks girish for the feedback. I bought Jaquar concealed cistern CIB -WHT-31801011xw. Cost is Rs. 4500/- (for the cistern only). Jaquar flush plates starts from Rs. 1500/-. Total cost is Rs.6000/- which is reasonable I feel.

Drawbacks of direct flush valve as per an expert is that it make too much sound while flushing and is suitable for commercial high raises. And yes, you need to put 1.5 inch pipes for this.

BTW, did you fix the concealed tank inside the existing wall or did you make a 4" wall in addition to fix this?
sijo.kurian

Post by sijo.kurian »

Hi,

I have recently bought concealed flush tank and panel for my bathrooms. I have purchased Grohe. It seems to be a good german brand. Costed around 6500 for flush tank and plate.

We have built a 15cm ledge wall to place the tank.
girishd

Post by girishd »

No ledge wall. We have 8" concrete block walls and had plumber chip the walls and fit it into the wall. Of course he charged more for that
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi ,
Flush valve needs dedicated 1.25" min water pipe for maintaining proper pressure while flushing .The cost of pipe laying would be extra that you should consider while estimating for flush valve .
In concealed cistern you can save water due to high pressure maintained all the time .One major advantage in cistern tanks are that you get good pressure irrespective of water level in the overhead tank. Now you have various Indian brands (jaquar /parryware /hindware) at lesser price .Even in the very famous Geberit german brand has come with economy range .
For concealed cistern tank a ledge wall of min 6" is required .It occupies same space as exposed cistern tank.

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior Designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
venkyn

Post by venkyn »

Geberit Is based locally in bangalore. THe Main office is in GorgontePalya, Near Tumkur Road Junction did anybody brought Cistern tanks directly from the company?

-Venkyn
sanchitnis

Post by sanchitnis »

Thanks girishd and Praveen.
Girish: How much chipping was required? Will it be better if we leave a niche space using 4 inch blocks in 8 inch wall to simplify chipping?
Simran

Post by Simran »

We fixed it in the existing 6" wall. No ledge wall is required. Chipping was done for about 1.5" to accommodate the cistern.
rrprakash

Post by rrprakash »

Hi,

I think Concealed Cistern is a very good option. However, I am skeptical regarding future maintenance issues. If we have to remove the tiles for maintenance, getting matching tiles on a future date will be an issue.

Can we access and service the cistern without removing the tiles? Request experts to clarify on this.

Regards

Return to “Civil Construction”