Kindly review the floor plan for G+duplex

reenaL

Kindly review the floor plan for G+duplex

Post by reenaL »

Hello,

I have a north facing 30’x40’ plot. Our idea is to construct a 2-BHK with car park on ground floor for rent. A duplex on the 1st & 2nd floor for own use.

I have attached the floor plans provided by the architect.

Could you kindly review and suggest if any changes/modifications needed.

Thanks.
Reena
Attachments
Floor Plans.pdf
(108.6 KiB) Downloaded 794 times
ausraja

Re: Kindly review the floor plan for G+duplex

Post by ausraja »

Reena thie is a super duper plan.The only problem can be that there is very limited offset which can cause a problem from BBMP to approve this plan.If you build this by giving another plan for approval and use this as the working plan then you may face an issue to get completion certificate.
sbhat

Post by sbhat »

Hi Reena,
Looks OK.
Some points from my side but you might have discussed.
1. The set back is not clear but looks like very less.
2. You have kitchen in one end and dining is in other end. I will have these two near by. One idea to achieve this is to shift the staircase along the bedroom. With this you can have window at the current staircase location which allow more light to hall. Also you will have big hall. If possible change the main door to east side.

regards
santro

Post by santro »

My personal opinion-- Leave some space around the building. It seems your building is occupying major portion of the set back area. Ex: SW bedrooms & NW room in 2nd floor, Portico/Terrace area touching boundary lines. Please check with your architect how he has planned for ventilation in case, your neighbors built their houses touching their boundary lines & you can't question them as yourself has violated the law.

FF:
1. Dinning area should be near to kitchen.
2. Seating arrangement could be a challenge in living room.
civil88

Post by civil88 »

Apart from the general concerns regarding the set backs being absent/negligible, I have this point to make:
The common toilet in GF can be made attached to the Master Bed Room and the present attached toilet can be made as attached toilet for the second bed room. This can be achieved by having a door in place of the present Ward Robe. Presently the users of the Second Bed room have to walk from one end of the house to the other to reach the toilet. Just my 2 cents - you might have preferred the present one as it has a common toilet for use by outsiders.
Ravi h.g.

Post by Ravi h.g. »

Hi ReenaL,

your plan looks good , following are my observations.

ground floor
------------

guest bedroom 10' X 9' is small, make it 10' X 10' or 10' X 11'. you have 5'6" setback. shift the wardrobe and make it attached for guest bedroom

change master bedroom door from east to north and make use of space and also change your common toilet to master bedroom attached toilet.

by having attached toilet / bath to both bedrooms, all users are at peace.

if you are keen in having common bath / toilet, make the present master bedroom attached a common one by having door from east side, distance from guest bedroom is closer.

first floor
-----------

your duplex kitchen is smaller than ground floor kitchen. is that intentional? too big hall, very little functionality.

As Sbhat rightly pointed out about dining being too far and having an option of east main door,

you have toilet on top of dining (north west corner) take adequate waterproofing measures.

second floor
------------

master bedroom Door is in anticlockwise, make it clockwise,, otherwise entering attached bathroom is not that easy.

on a whole, if you have a building on south and west side, your present plan will definetly change, your mason just cant plaster your master bedroom

if there are no buildings on south and west side, you are violating basic setback rules consciously.

no windows shown on west side, have good cross ventilation.

regards,
ravindra kumar hg
ShashiDeshpande

Post by ShashiDeshpande »

I agree with all the comments and it is practical to leave setback for your own benefits. From Vastu point of view ( as many buyers prefer if in case you would want to liquidate) it is better to have staircase on west side with ascending in clockwise direction. Keep it in mind that the cut off date for Akrama sakrama is April 2013 and if you do not comply to approved plan, you are bound to demolish at your expenses.
meharnath

Post by meharnath »

Hi,

Would strongly recommend not to built a big 2 bhk for rent in the ground floor.
Instead provide a small house, just for your safety requirements that somebody is there at your home, you may build a 1 room, small pantry and bathroom for rent to any small family. Do not increase the size of the house in ground floor to more than 500sft. Keep the remaining for your parking and other free space in the ground floor. The rental difference for this 500sft vis a vis your 2 bhk is too much of a compromise for your well being.

meharnath.

Return to “Civil Construction”