Labour contract rate

prasanth

Labour contract rate

Post by prasanth »

I am having a quote from a labour contractor - all the work is covered. 425/sqft is the rate quoted for the labour work for G+1 house(2150 sqft), 1 Kitchen, 3 bathrooms/toilet, 1 toilet and 30000L sump(two partitions) and granite flooring. Materials will be supplied. Request help in approximate validation of this quote. If it is in higher side, approximately how much higher is the quote?

Regards,
Prasanth
ausraja

Re: Labour contract rate

Post by ausraja »

can u give us more information like when u mean all work what does all include ? from what you said below the only additional work he is doing is taking up sump work so it would help if you share the working plan.

Otherwise the cost looks too high
girishkumarj

Post by girishkumarj »

Yes Labor cost is quoted is at higher side. Currently per sq ft 250 to 300 per sq ft. running. if we consider Modeling area, example in 30 x40 site you can go 950 sq ft as build up area max. 950 x 300rs is the labour cost and its up to you to build what so ever you want, if you go for chain staircase there will be some additional cost.
prasanth

Post by prasanth »

By all other work I mean, civil work, carpenter work, flooring, plumbing, electrical work, painting etc.

I had another quote from a civil labour contractor. He quotes 260/sqft. for civil work including compound wall, parapet, and terrace plastering.

I have to select one of this options.
1. Rs, 425/sqft for all labour work till the finish.
2. Rs. 250/sqft for civil work and give sub-contracts for other work (flooring, plumbing, electrical work, painting etc.). Rs. 250/sqft is reasonable?

Regards,
Prasanth
sunil2929

Post by sunil2929 »

Prashanth,

I have given civil work contract at 240/Sq feet which includes foundation work, Bar bending, Centring , Sump work , compound , staircase , chejjas, lintels. I can say all cement work. Once the construction is done the contractor would take site measurement for calculation.

Ex: I am construction G+first on a 30 *40 Site. So my total cost would be 240 * 2400 = 5,76,000.

I guess 230 - 260/ sq feet for all mason work is reasonable.

Regards,
Sunil
Pratap

Post by Pratap »

Hi Sunil,

Can you share your Labour contractor details please?

Thanks,
Pratap
sunil2929

Post by sunil2929 »

Hi Prathap,
I am not happy with my contractor with the quality of construction. i dont want to refer him. So i would provide you 2 other contact details which would be almost same and they have done very good work in our layout.

Ashok - 9844420859
Vasu - 9945324178

If in case you contact them, tell them one of the house owner in Raja Gardnia layout provided you number.

Regards,
Sunil
Pratap

Post by Pratap »

Dear Sunil,

Thanks for the information.

Regrds,
Pratap

Return to “Civil Construction”