Starting House Construction

bdasitesmvlayout

Starting House Construction

Post by bdasitesmvlayout »

Dear friends,

Pleased to let you all know that, I am starting the construction of my duplex house in SMV lyt.
17th July 2015 is the bhoomi puja.

Needed to know few things at this stage, about how to go about :
1) Boundary Marking : How to be sure about the correct marking as per BDA
2) Line out : On this line the digging will happen after the bhoomi puja

Who will do the above two? Is it our engineer or need to contact some one from BDA for this.

3) Where to get the puja stone from?
4) Is it feasible to get the cleaning of the site through Hitachi or the labout of the engineer.

Regards,
Vajra
ravivasudeva

Re: Starting House Construction

Post by ravivasudeva »

If you are not able to find the boundary markings or not sure about the markings, contact the society or BDA under which the site comes. In the BDA they will provide a document which has measurement of all the sites in your row...this document is must for your reference. And if you can find the contact of your neighbours, ask them to come and verify their land boundaries before you start constructions. It so happens in rare case that Sale deed will have wrong measurements mentioned, so you better verify your neighbours measurements.

The site boundary lines and the lines for foundation digging will be drawn by your mestri and verified by architect/structural engineer and you as per the floor plan.

Pooja stone will be arranged by your mestri, ask them for it and they know...

If your site is too dirty with lot of bushes and stones, call a JCB else use labour.
bdasitesmvlayout

Thanks Ravi.
I have contacted the concerned person in BDA, who will do the boundary markings.

Regards,
Vajra
bdasitesmvlayout

Hi Friends,

Can anybody advise on the standard schedule of payment for material contract.
I have applied for SBI loan and they need this for disbursement and Pre EMI interest projection.

Regards,
Vajra
hcsatish

Post by hcsatish »

Hi,
It depends on the schedule contractor agreed to complete the work.. Attached is the sample on. 100% payment at each level.
schedule .jpg
schedule .jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 10645 times
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

bdasitesmvlayout wrote:Hi Friends,

Can anybody advise on the standard schedule of payment for material contract.
I have applied for SBI loan and they need this for disbursement and Pre EMI interest projection.

Regards,
Vajra
In my case the SBI didn't ask for such documents except the construction estimate and i have also opted for Pre EMI interest. They did 20% disbursement of loan amount after a week of submitting all documents in RACPC. Rest i kept taking when i wishes. I also think they never came to my site for inspection during the construction. Now that i have finished talking the loan amount, they didn't turn up yet.
Your contractor would has shared the construction details, just add some rough estimate and tentative dates and give it to the Bank.
bdasitesmvlayout

Thanks Ravi, Satish.

Ravi,
Just wanted to know, did SBI give you an acknowledgement for the original documents submitted.
Also, what was the total charges in your case(processing, stamp duty, mortgage registration etc)

Regards,
Vajra
ravivasudeva

Post by ravivasudeva »

Yes, there will be a acknowledgement listing the documents which they collect.

Loan Processing fees.
0.25% of the loan amount minimum Rs.1,000/- for loan up to Rs.25.00 lacs / Rs.6,500/- for loans above Rs.25.00 lacs up to Rs.75.00 lacs /Rs.10,000/- for loans above Rs.75.00 lacs.
Stamp charges for the documents (approximately Rs.2,000/-),
Stamp charges for the mortgage (0.1% of the loan amount),
Registration charges for the equitable mortgage -0.1% of the loan amount. (This is applicable for loans of Rs.25.00 lacs and above only)
Central Registry (CERSAI) Registration Charges- Rs.562/- (Rs.500/- plus service tax Rs.62/-)

The mortgage registration at the Sub registrar office costed me 0.2% of the loan amount

Also they will push you to have life insurance from SBI, since i didn't had, i opted for one of their plans. They also provide loan for this.

After the house is constructed, they may push for House insurance.

Other than this, you will spend on Legal fees, Property inspection charges, Constructions estimation
renuka

Post by renuka »

Hi Vajra Sir,

Even I'v planned to construct the site in anjanapural, 30x40 North east facing.
Sir, can you let me know what is the agreed construction cost per sq.ft? does it include interiors work also?

Thanks,
Mrs. Muralikrishnan
bdasitesmvlayout

Hi Ravi,

I got the first installment released 25% of overall loan. SBI has given the acknowledgement also for the originals submitted to them.
Right now excavation is completed (through JCB).. If any of you have finished few stages of construction or completed in full, can you please tell me what would be the next stages in construction taken by the contractor. I also wanted to know, when and how can I put the bhoomi pooja stone in within the construction so that it becomes part of the building.

Dear Muralikrishnan,
I have been working with a consulting engineer (architect cum civil & structural engineer) for my project. The consulting engineer is so far very helpful in getting me a good deal as far construction contract is concerned. It is lumpsum material contract of Rs 32.5 Lakhs (excluding interiors). He invited tenders from 3 of his usual contractors and we went ahead with the one with lowest quote. But however this price should not be taken as a benchmark straight away since it all evolves around the configuration..

Regards,
Vajra

Return to “Civil Construction”