Filler Slab Clay tiles

yogeshhere

Filler Slab Clay tiles

Post by yogeshhere »

Can anyone help me where can I buy Filler Slab Clay tiles as shown in the images??
Preferred location would be hennur / hebbal / yelahanka or near by
Attachments
FSCT (2).jpg
FSCT (2).jpg (154.66 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
FSCT (1).jpg
FSCT (1).jpg (147.04 KiB) Viewed 8403 times
nagzzz

Re: Filler Slab Clay tiles

Post by nagzzz »

try on Outer ring road near Nagavara (opposite Manyata tech Park). they must be having. I forgot the shop name.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

we used for our house, and didn't find anyone near hebbal, i finally got it from one dealer near Ulsoor and you need to give some lead time like 2 weeks, something call maruthi clay or keral clay
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

How do you lay this tiles is it Immediately after the curing of the roof or after surki is completed ? how much does this tiles cost to purchase and lay ?
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

• They will first complete centering work (Mats/Plywood/steelplates)
    Sprinkle Stone dust/sand, no water just dried dust and level it, this will be thin coat just to fill any uneven surfaces
    lay these tile depending how you want your ceiling to look(remeber the ridges will be exposed inside house )
    make a think cement sluryy and pour to joints, this to prevent concrete water getting dripped inside and spoil the terracota natual colour
    now lay your steel reinforcemnet above this
    pour concrete, so overall concrete will reduce from 6 inches to 4inches because of these filler slabs
I had photos of my house when laid these will try and upload, here is how these will look form inside at my house, do note the those imperfections at joints thats due to unevenness the clay get when baked it just adds to overall texture and we love it at our house :)
Attachments
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG (92.7 KiB) Viewed 8190 times
ausraja

Post by ausraja »

Wow , I had never heard about this before.But is this thought over on a long term ? wouldnt the tiles start weathering out like mangalore tiles and start falling on the head ....

Sorry for asking this dumb question as a layman.
kraghum

Post by kraghum »

No unlike mangalore tiles these are embedded in to concrete 2" deep(see the hollow section, these not like plates/thin tiles), and these have been used by chitravishwanath(Architect) for past 25 years,
santro

Post by santro »

Experienced masons can only implement the filler slabs.
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Return to “Civil Construction”